medical

dave16

Reaction score
quick question, on the medical what are they testing for???

thanks

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
clamidia, genital warts and willy size

haha made me laugh, was unexpected.

they do a piss test on some multicoloured strip, take your weight, height, doctor checks your body, doesn't fondle with your balls or anything, asks you a few questions, see's if you can wink, etc.

dave16

Reaction score
fairr nuff thanks a lot do they not do drugs tests?

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can only think of one reason you would ask that question...

The RN/RM have a strict zero tolerance drugs policy which is enforced and monitored through the use of random drugs tests.

I didnt have one on my medical but with them being random they could potentially do one during the medical process.

It might be wise to wait until anything like that is out of you system before proceeding with your application.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It depends on what you took, how much you took, how long ago you took it and where the sample is taken from.

I'm no expert, it might be best to speak to your doctor.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Fellow manc dave. Most drugs wont take longer than 5 days to be tottaly clear in your boood, weed tho takes about 3 - 4 weeks and stays in your hair for longer.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As correctly pointed out above, the only reason people ask the question is clearly because they are taking drugs.

The armed forces are not naive enough to believe that we only recruit those that have never experimented with drugs, however don't ever believe the advice of those that state a timescale in order to pass a drugs test.

The issue is the individual's attitude to drugs. If you are a habitual user, then forget it- get a job where you are not relied upon, because we cannot afford to employ wasters who are willing to compromise the safety of their colleagues.

If you've kicked it into touch for well over six months and convince yourself that you really want to do a job that doesn't tolerate drugs, then maybe it's worth entering the selection process IF you agree with the zero tolerance policy. ALL recruits are drugs tested and, once trained, will continue to undergo random tests which result in immediate dismissal if found positive.