Meet the Marines - North West - an invitation

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
We are delighted to be able to offer individuals the opportunity to participate in a one day Meet the Marines event to be held very soon at Crosby Marina, Marine Crescent, Waterloo, Crosby, Merseyside, L22 8QP

The events are targeted primarily at those within a 30 mile radius of the venue with an interest in the Royal Marines. Attendees must be aged 15 upwards and will have a rare chance to have fun, whilst gaining an insight into the elite Royal Marines Commandos by participating in a range of exciting activities.

The programme will include physical challenges, public demonstrations and presentations, such as rapid-roping demonstrations, obstacle course, team games, leadership tasks, rock wall climbing, fast boats, weapon familiarisation, and unarmed combat.

There may also be a Commando Helicopter Force helo on task, operational commitments permitting. The one day events are fully risk assessed, copies on request, and there is capacity to host a maximum of up to 10 PRMC Forum members on each of the days which are allocated primarily to local secondary schools and colleges. Each attendee will have to bring a MOD indemnity consent form, fully completed and signed by their parents if under age 18, in order to be able to participate.

?Meet the Marines? is planned to take place on Monday 25th June, Tuesday 26th June and Wednesday 27 June 2012 starting at 0930 and finishing at 1600. The day promises to be challenging, stimulating, rewarding and FREE!

Transport is at individuals expense and you should aim to arrive by 09:00 on the day. You should be aware that in order to participate in the event fully, you will not be able to depart before 16:00. Those attending should bring waterproof coats, wear flat shoes/boots/trainers and all are advised to wear appropriate clothing to ensure they are able to partake in all activities listed above. Individuals can bring packed lunches (no glass bottles) and you are requested to make provision to ensure all waste arising is removed for disposal "off site". Packed lunches can also be purchased on site for ?3.50 per head.

In order to be allocated the opportunity to attend, if already in the selection process, you should either contact your local AFCO or PM me. The following AFCOs can also provide MoD Indemnity forms for this event: Preston, St Helens, Manchester & Liverpool. If you have not already entered the selection process, just PM me for an indemnity form. Be aware, you cannot attend without a correctly completed indemnity form - signed by a parent/guardian if under age 18.

You should be aware that these events are rarely staged due to the extremely high costs involved and it is anticipated the events will be heavily over-subscribed - do not request a place if you cannot attend as you will be depriving someone else the opportunity to attend and places are scarce.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Darn Northerners always get the good stuff...:laugh:

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
At a catch-22 here whether to apply for it or not. I've been told there's spare places with college and I might get one but the teacher responsible hasn't got back to me yet. Dilemma is if I apply on here and get a go-ahead with college then I've taken someone's space but if I leave it and wait on college, who tell me it's 'only for public services' or somesuch then I'll miss out altogether.

:worried:

MYCAELIS

Reaction score
Would be fun, but it would be a bit awkward going by myself around all college and high schoolers, can you bring a mate or something hahaha

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like a place please Ninja, and i'm sure you'd be able to meet up with fellow PRMCers MYCAELIS.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like a place please Ninja, and i'm sure you'd be able to meet up with fellow PRMCers MYCAELIS.

I have asked for a place, we could all arrange to meet up and go as a group would be a good idea I think.

hunter2240

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Will there be any of these on Scotland any time soon Ninja?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Indemnity forms will be emailed to those expressing an interest on this thread (or via PM).

All we ask is do not return the completed form unless attending.

The event is open to all interested parties - whether in the selection process or just interested - you can bring along some friends also, but they must complete the form also.

Not sure on the visit itinerary of the Commando Display Team - just give your AFCO a call to enquire.

Fatboy

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
:worried:Ninja, please could you PM me a copy of the form. Is it at CTC? Sorry if its been said on your OP but i didnt see it :embarrest:

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:worried:Ninja, please could you PM me a copy of the form. Is it at CTC? Sorry if its been said on your OP but i didnt see it :embarrest:

It says it's in the North West, Crosby in merseyside.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Indemnity forms will be emailed to those expressing an interest on this thread (or via PM).

All we ask is do not return the completed form unless attending.

The event is open to all interested parties - whether in the selection process or just interested - you can bring along some friends also, but they must complete the form also.

Not sure on the visit itinerary of the Commando Display Team - just give your AFCO a call to enquire.

Just had a thought, would the misses be ok to come if friends are allowed. It may be a really good insight for her to see what it is all about and why I'm joining, and maybe get some small glimpse of hard it will be.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just had a thought, would the misses be ok to come if friends are allowed. It may be a really good insight for her to see what it is all about and why I'm joining, and maybe get some small glimpse of hard it will be.

It's a public venue and spectators are very welcome.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Got on the college trip, hopefully see some of you boys there. Bare in mind I won't be revealing who I am because I'm quite frankly embarrassed by this account and couldn't stand the hassle of being made to do forwards rolls all day.

MYCAELIS

Reaction score
So what day are people thinking of going for?

Im not to sure whether I will be able to go just yet due to college, I will know for definate on thursday, but i was thinking either Monday or Wednesday because I have my recuitment test on Tuesday :)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm advised there are still a few places available, for those interested.

It's probably worth adding that these events are a showcase, nothing like an RMAD or suchlike, just great fun.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm advised there are still a few places available, for those interested.

It's probably worth adding that these events are a showcase, nothing like an RMAD or suchlike, just great fun.

I'm just trying to find a printer i can use to print the form off. I'll get it back asap.

MYCAELIS

Reaction score
Hey Ninja I am able to go on the 27th if there are any spaces left also my friend would also like to come along if at all possible. I am 18 so will I need to do any forms or bring something?

Valour

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Ninja.
I'm just about to start my application process. I have my application forms ready for submission.

I know I'm not very known on these forums yet but if there's a spare place going then I'd love to attend! I'm 19.

Also, on another note , thank you so much for your donation to my 10K recently. I've not had much chance to thank you recently but it perked me up a bit to see your generous donation. Thanks a lot!

Anthony.