Meghan & Harry Interview w/ Oprah

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
His Dad is the same with the paras or at least was, purely ceremonial. Seem to recall something where Charles said he was a bit embarrassed by it all

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Had to just google it and least him and Andrew took part in a 2 weeks jumps course. In the current climate and with the allegations with Andrew a jumps course could be a recipe for disaster :)

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering why was Harry captain General of the marines? Correct me if I’m wrong but he was in the Army Air Corps?
It's a ceremonial title given to Royals so they'd have something to do. Keep in mind this doesn't have to include our own. This became awkward during WW1, when one of our Cavalry regiment's commander was an Austrian.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not awkward, look at the links historically with most of our European military “friends” :)

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not awkward, look at the links historically with most of our European military “friends” :)

Ah yes. Good, Ol, naive, Queen Vic. She thought that having all the courts in Europe intertwined would secure peace.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I think it was in the 70s or 80s when it happened?
The Prince of Wales participated in Basic Parachute Course 841A at RAF Brize Norton in April 1978 after he had been appointed Regimental Colonel Parachute Regiment.

I use the word 'participated' loosely. Prior to the course he was not required to pass P-Company selection.

If you look closely at the image below the PoW is wearing a very expensive pair of civilian French sport parachuting boots also worn back in the day by SF for HALO jumps, etc.
I owned a pair myself because I was an active sport parachutist but we mere mortals were never permitted to wear them for military jumps.

Andrew was a university student at this time prior to starting at Britannia Royal Naval College in the autumn of 1979. Reportedly he thought it would be fun based upon what his elder brother told him so he was loaded onto an Reserve BPC. Andrew was not required to pass P-Company selection either.
Presumably because everyone was certain that he would one day pass the All Arms Commando Course. :)

Any university student desiring to acquire para wings before starting training please ask your Careers Adviser to load you onto a BPC and cite the example of HRH Duke of York.

841A_17_28 Apr_1978_b.jpg

Warning: This post has some ironic content.

Former AE

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
It’s an honoury role given to a member of the Royal Family, he took over from Phil.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

I wonder if there are any bookies taking bets on Meghan Divorcing Harry.
Probably for publicity and to get some headlines.
My money would be 2 years from now.

It’s amusing how the media, except Piers, will keep pandering to the racism “allegations” and play up to it and continue to ram this down our throats, even the the majority of people I’ve spoken to, seen comments and heard is all against Meghan.

But the media will continue to spin it and make it seem like the British people are outraged.

Is Meghan the actual racist here? She’s playing the race card, and yet chemically straightens her hair, isn’t that cultural appropriation? Similar to the Twitter outrage at white girl picking “Afro” style hair for her video game character? Or the outrage at white people wearing dreadlock hair styles?
It’s just a crazy world now, I don’t know what is offensive and what’s not and it seems everything is offensive now.

Last edited:

Chelonian

Reaction score
It’s just a crazy world now, I don’t know what is offensive and what’s not and it seems everything is offensive now.
Some argue that we have too much government already but as we have a Ministry of Defence, how about a Ministry of Offence?

A body which can rule on pointless, irrelevant and self-indulgent chattering class 'outrages' such as whether it is appropriate for a white person to style his or her hair in corn rows.
And equally, is it unacceptable cultural appropriation for a black footballer to dye his hair blond?

New Threads