Meghan & Harry Interview w/ Oprah

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Some argue that we have too much government already but as we have a Ministry of Defence, how about a Ministry of Offence?

A body which can rule on pointless, irrelevant and self-indulgent chattering class 'outrages' such as whether it is appropriate for a white person to style his or her hair in corn rows.
And equally, is it unacceptable cultural appropriation for a black footballer to dye his hair blond?
I find the kardashians offensive can we get them in the bin?

Tetley

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be terrible if this non-story about non-people were to overshadow an important event that could expose a culture of racism running through the law enforcement organisations of America. An event that precipitated mass protests and rioting across the globe.

However the trial of Derek Chauvin goes the ramifications will be more important than this dishwater.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be terrible if this non-story about non-people were to overshadow an important event that could expose a culture of racism running through the law enforcement organisations of America. An event that precipitated mass protests and rioting across the globe.

However the trial of Derek Chauvin goes the ramifications will be more important than this dishwater.
You think that there's a culture of racism in America that Meghan Markle is trying to, or is complicit in, covering up?

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

I’m glad someone else noticed this aswell.
Although I disagree with institutional racism in the Police across the US. Considering there were other ethnic officers involved.

And not to mention the ethnic officers that faced backlash from their own race for trying to prevent angry mob of BLM rioters from entering a Hospital to prevent 2 Police officers (one was a mother and had her jaw shot off) from receiving life saving treatment.

There are plenty of black police officers who will disagree with you. The problem is, the media don’t get the reaction or money they want from balanced news reporting.

Chelonian

Reaction score
As of this morning I understand that Derek Chauvin was facing charges of Murder (second degree), Manslaughter (second degree) and Murder (third degree). The final charge is so frequently overturned on appeal that it's possible only the first two charges will be prosecuted with the agreement of both prosecution and defence teams.

There's no certainty how this will pan out when the full evidence is presented to the jury.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As of this morning I understand that Derek Chauvin was facing charges of Murder (second degree), Manslaughter (second degree) and Murder (third degree). The final charge is so frequently overturned on appeal that it's possible only the first two charges will be prosecuted with the agreement of both prosecution and defence teams.

There's no certainty how this will pan out when the full evidence is presented to the jury.
I reckon he will walk. The toxicology report goes against him, the restraint technique was allowed (although later banned IIRC).
There will be riots after.

Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting he is innocent or making comment on the incident in question. Just my personal opinion on the outcome.

Vine

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It’s funny how everyone seems against them. When you look from the outside in a few simple questions. why would anyone born into royalty want to leave the family ? Letting go huge financial gain and title ? If she’s a social climber again same reasons why would she want to leave it ? Guaranteed multi millions and all that goes with it for what some public appearances and nodding along ? Not so long ago lots were online pulling out the “be kind” patter now she’s claiming she was suicidal which is definitely plausible given the circumstances it’s yeah she’s at it ? Does she need to throw herself off a bridge to prove it or are we just binning that off as lies ?

For me it seems far to over elaborate for there not to be at least some truth to it no one is going public slating there family and dropping what he has for absolutely no reason.

I’ve stated before I’m not a fan of BLM as a movement for various reasons but there’s definitely been a racist element there anyone seen the headlines with pictures of her and Kate ? Similar to what happened a while back with Raheem Sterling with the daily fail.
She’s probably no angel in everything but I’d have my money on there’s a degree of truth to what she’s saying in those interviews.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t know how constructive this is or relevant to topic but I’m from the late 80s, I swore an oath of allegiance to my Queen. I hold that as strong now as ever. I know times change but if I have to choose I know where my priority lies. I’ve seen recent posts get really rancid and I hope current topics don’t deflect the massive advice and support available on this forum.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here:

If it is considered offensive to ponder on the skin tone of an unborn child is it equally offensive to ponder on a child's hair colour?

I recall overhearing a conversation when an expectant mother was quizzed about whether her ginger partner's genes would produce a ginger haired child.

We cannot choose our genetic features so why is it currently acceptable to mock those with ginger hair but not someone on the basis of his or her skin colour? Is their an equivalence?

Reaction score
I don’t know how constructive this is or relevant to topic but I’m from the late 80s, I swore an oath of allegiance to my Queen. I hold that as strong now as ever. I know times change but if I have to choose I know where my priority lies. I’ve seen recent posts get really rancid and I hope current topics don’t deflect the massive advice and support available on this forum.

What if the Queen reneges her side of the bargain?

We have a two-way arrangement with the monarchy in this country that goes back to the Civil War. It's not a system of blind obedience - simply read her coronation vows.

I've also sworn an oath, and would describe myself as a strong constitutional monarchist. But if members of the Royal Family start using their position of birth (which comes with service) to further careers in Hollywood, and start wading-in on political issues (which, again, is an abuse of the position), their vows become empty, potentially mine also.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I didn't realise that Piers was pushed, I thought he ran off like a big baby and then resigned.

Arrr, well, he's called for a few people to be cancelled over his time - they eat their own.

Vine

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here:

If it is considered offensive to ponder on the skin tone of an unborn child is it equally offensive to ponder on a child's hair colour?

I recall overhearing a conversation when an expectant mother was quizzed about whether her ginger partner's genes would produce a ginger haired child.

We cannot choose our genetic features so why is it currently acceptable to mock those with ginger hair but not someone on the basis of his or her skin colour? Is their an equivalence?
That’s reaching a bit there surely ? I agree on the basics of it but can you really equate someone being ginger to the struggles people of colour have had over the years ? I’m not some mega liberal lefty nut but come on to say those two are equal is ludicrous.

Jaykay2343

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
She lives the Hollywood/celebrity lifestyle yet is the American equivalent of someone who has a appeared on a few episodes of Coronation street, Casualty and The Bill.

She needs exposure and facetime so she can match the same heights she mingles and lives with in her social circle.

Give it a few years when it's all blown over she will be doing the 'Im a celebrity'/ Celeb Big brother' circuits

Vine

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
She lives the Hollywood/celebrity lifestyle yet is the American equivalent of someone who has a appeared on a few episodes of Coronation street, Casualty and The Bill.

She needs exposure and facetime so she can match the same heights she mingles and lives with in her social circle.

Give it a few years when it's all blown over she will be doing the 'Im a celebrity'/ Celeb Big brother' circuits
That’s the point I’m getting at she’s already got the exposure she’s married to a royal and she could live off that fact alone guaranteed multi million pounds a shot at being queen one day (although a stretch) etc. There’s not a single tv station/show that wouldn’t take her hand off and pay a fortune for an appearance coupled with the fact she certainly wasn’t skint when she met Harry along with his wealth there not exactly looking at being poor anytime soon.

Chelonian

Reaction score
That’s reaching a bit there surely ? I agree on the basics of it but can you really equate someone being ginger to the struggles people of colour have had over the years ? I’m not some mega liberal lefty nut but come on to say those two are equal is ludicrous.
Somebody born with ginger hair is fair game for mockery, bullying and discrimination then?

Historical struggles with equality can be claimed by many groups. The foundation of ethnic equality law (not to mention common civility and decency) is that none of us can choose our genetic heritage and we should not be discriminated against because of that. Quite right too. But as a society we are quite fickle about what aspects of genetic heritage we acknowledge.

brixstix

Reaction score
I don’t see the harm in the royal family investigating the claims made in the interview themselves and either showing that it’s lies or reprimanding the people involved. I find the public outrage against Harry and Megan giving an interview compared to the lack of outrage and media coverage over prince Andrew’s alleged involvement with Jeffrey Epstein and the allegations against him quite worrying. I completely respect the royal family, I just think like everybody else’s they aren’t perfect and should be held accountable when it’s deserved or prove that they have done nothing wrong and maintain their reputation.