Meghan & Harry Interview w/ Oprah

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The root of the problem isn't that the products are available, it's the discrimination/societal pressure people face that makes them need or want to use them in the first place.

Historically speaking skin complexion has been used to convey status or power. In days gone by wealthy people liked to look pale because it showed they didn't need to toil outside. Nowadays people like to be tanned because it shows they can afford expensive holidays abroad.

Beauty standards change over time, but there are clear links between that standard and what confers status or power within that culture.
Stop buying them and perpetuating the cycle? It’s supply and demand. If demand drops, supply drops.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Perhaps. I agree wholeheartedly it is sad that decency and morals must be the regulated by law rather than upheld by society itself. But we've came a long way and this is a long time coming. As it stands on the scale of the world, Caucasian whites are actually a minority, huddled up mainly in Europe. And with a declining population (more deaths than births) as well as demographic replacement in Europe, well, the writing is ok the wall. Caucasian whites won't be around much longer.
I can’t tell if your happy about that or sad about it?

And yea there’s many factors at play, not helped by the lefts attack on the traditional home, the attack on science and education.
If you believe whites are a minority then do you think there should there be protections in place? Considering that we should be protecting minorities?

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
People buying skin lightening products is a symptom of the problem, it isn't the cause of it. The problem is discrimination in society that makes people want to buy them.
I agree however i think that people buying skin lightening makeup and or products isnt being a good role model for those that are younger. They should teach them that no matter what colour their skin is that they are beautiful and dont need to use them

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
People buying skin lightening products is a symptom of the problem, it isn't the cause of it. The problem is discrimination in society that makes people want to buy them.
It’s a consumer driven market. You create the demand, they create the supply.
I don’t buy certain products or read/watch certain programmes because I don’t agree with it or want to perpetuate the cycle. So I remove myself from it.
A lot of people are buying the products to create the demand, is it something a portion disagree on? If so don’t buy the product? And if the other portion want to use it, then let them buy it?

People aren’t forcing you to buy their product, no one is roaming the streets demanding that you buy the latest max factor products?

The feminist angle try to blame men, despite women driving the market. The racial angle tries to blame societal presssure, yet women in the west try to darker their skin, women from all different cultures try and be something else. Because they ironically think it’s what they should do, because everyone else is doing it. There is so much support for breaking the status quo in this day and age, and yet ironically the same cycle goes round and round.

Everyone is trying to be something their not, and it’s self perpetuating. Social media has made it so much worse. It’s a constant feedback loop.
You want to break the chain, then don’t be a link in it.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I agree with the first half of your post but I think that societal pressure often drives the toxic skin bleaching industry more than discrimination.

Popular culture in India, for example, promotes the notion that a fair skin is desirable and will yield better employment and relationship opportunities. A lack of effective government regulation adds to the horror.

Reaction score
On this current trend I don't see that happening with gingers (or should I say gingas? ). As it stands gingers are Caucasian or white so you can't be racist towards them (according to some incredibly woke gentlemen on the Twitters).

It's not really about current trends. For future societies, our moral systems will be as inconceivable to them as, say, pre-Cortez South Americans with their child sacrifices are to us now.

Our moral system is essential still Christian. 'Wokeism' is just a Christian heresy centred around creating the promised land and dealing out divine justice here on Earth (rather than the next world, as was the standard Christian promise).

We might not believe in the physical reality of God and heaven etc. But we still very much take our morality from the New Testament in that each individual human soul has some divine value (it's the whole basis of human rights).

There's absolutely nothing objective in that though. No rational study of the natural order will tell you that there's any special worth in individual human beings. We just 'believe' it to be so.

Future societies might believe gingers are gods. They might also believe they are inherently bad, and the right and moral thing to do is to enslave or exterminate them all. Just depends on the narrative.

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
I can’t tell if your happy about that or sad about it?

And yea there’s many factors at play, not helped by the lefts attack on the traditional home, the attack on science and education.
If you believe whites are a minority then do you think there should there be protections in place? Considering that we should be protecting minorities?
For your first question, yes. ;)

Second, sure.

Protections like what? Legal segregation? Stop importing ∞ immigrants? Financial incentives for larger families? I don't think you get it. White people have been portrayed as the original evil in their own lands and this is a sign of a people being conquered from the inside out. The only one that can save them is themselves. But you didn't hear that from me.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
For your first question, yes. ;)

Second, sure.

Protections like what? Legal segregation? Stop importing ∞ immigrants? Financial incentives for larger families? I don't think you get it. White people have been portrayed as the original evil in their own lands and this is a sign of a people being conquered from the inside out. The only one that can save them is themselves. But you didn't hear that from me.
I think I follow.

Just on the point of immigration:

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
I think I follow.

Just on the point of immigration:
He's spot on. Another thing people don't think about is the Africa relief program in regards to giving food. This puts a lot of local farmers in Africa out of business as they can't compete with free Western aid.
The whole iigration, poverty scheme is so useless once you look at results, not to mention counterproductive for everyone, it makes it clear there is an ulterior motive at play.