Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Melted Batteries

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by meltedbatteries, Apr 5, 2019.

1. meltedbatteries

meltedbatteries New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all,

I am just here to provide some knowledge on my recent PRMC and am happy to answer any questions you fellas have if you’re going for it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Corps history and interview still on PRMC or is it now gone ? I also hear that the night in the field is gone too. Last PRMC I did was 2014, don't ask ! It’s long winded.
    And we’re you asked about MPCT ? As I actually attended that college 6 years ago.

3. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ah yes. That old PERSEC flaw.

And I call absolute BS on the comment about 100% who join from this Mickey Mouse college pass out.

And no wonder the Corps is advertising it free, it’s costing the students and parents a fortune, while the officers all sit round a big bowl of caviar tossing each other off.

Some officer will have his finger in a pie and someone will be getting rich off it.

Appalling manipulation and I would say there’s huge conflicts of interests there. Easy money for an officer to make a twitter post.

GET OFF TWITTER AND DO YOUR JOB. You aren’t paid to be on social media. And that goes for the rest of the entire officer class in the British Military.
    No one actuall gives a toss what you post, apart from other officers and civilian contracters that want to stick their fingers in the pie.

Maybe if the officers and the military spent less time and money on bloody social media, they could actually come up with ways of retaining blokes instead of blowing smoke up their own hoops thinking they are some kind of second rate celebrity.

None of the trained ranks actually give a rats @ss. It’s just a massive circle jerk of officers and civvies all gobbing off about how wonderful they all are.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Firstly, top effort from the bloke named above. Best wishes for your future career.

But I can't help thinking that this individual's career prospects have possibly been restricted by him being identified on a gob-shite Twitter page.
    I wish him well in his future attempts to reduce his digital footprint which is now plastered across the internet.

If an ancient fuddster like what I am can get a grip on this, why can't the so-called PERSEC, OPSEC and media-savvy headshed? -banghead-

It makes me cross because on this forum we are very particular about addressing issues where individuals who (sometimes inadvertently) reveal their true identities.

• Seen Seen x 1
  6. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    About 3 who did the whole shebang of MPCTCPT(C?) chitted before week 8 in my troop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    And the Lt Col should bloody know better.

8. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Now I must say I really dislike names and personal info being used for brownie points. Shameful Twitter once again ! I’ll never understand the point of it.

I will admit that when I attended that college I did find that at the time it was good but ultimately a waste of time, apart from it getting me to the physical standard. But not in regards to actually being ready for the demands of training. In some aspects it’s good, but mainly for the 200 quid they offer a month to the odd youth on the street.

I can say it’s 50/50, for those on the fence when it comes to the forces it can steer in the right direction to those that might not have applied in the first place.

9. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
  10. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The thought crossed my mind. I'm not an enthusiast of Twitter.
    My "gob-shite" comment is directed at the format rather than at individuals. It may well be a succinct and immediate platform but its short history is littered with poor judgment casualties.

Personally I think that the headshed is floundering. This is all new stuff.
    The PERSEC of female PRMC candidates and any future female Recruits should be as equally protected as that of the blokes. Is that achieved by restricting anonymous numerical data which was previously in the public domain? Watch this space.

Until the novelty has worn off I sincerely hope that any future female Recruits access first class, independent media handling advice rather than relying on the service. Arguably they will then be better placed to retain some control of their careers.
    I'm expressing a personal and comfortably civilian opinion there. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. angrydad

angrydad New Member

How can we tell gender from pass/fail statistics? I've never seen the names of prmc candidates or kings squad pass out names published online before, do you have a link?

• Seen Seen x 1
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

We can't and they have never published names that I'm aware of.

In any case, nowadays biological gender, birth name and assumed gender ensures no one has got a clue whether the person is male or female...unless you ask the individual - And even that is fraught with the risk of a broken nose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Oh I wouldn’t have a link to that, obviously statistics from prmcs outlining how many passed at what grade and fail rate was just men. That’s what I meant, you’ll never see or hear names unless the Daily mail gets a hold of them that is.

But now women are in the mix, I doubt any records will be spoken of. Ninja would quite often post the results of each prmc that came and went saying how many attended and passed/failed. That no longer happens anymore sadly, due to changes or reasons of his own I can’t possibly say !

14. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Politics man! Politics!

It’s a knee jerk reaction by the heirarchy to try and censor or control what comes out. I am not sure I agree with it but I can see some reasoning behind it. It also means that any tinkering or extra help Can get forgotten about so there’s no outcries of “oh but equality”.

Mainly because spineless, oxygen theiving journalist pr1cks could scour the forum for a big fat juicy scoop so they can Misreport it with shoddy, poor journalism that’s meant to sell and make money rather than actually reporting any news of worth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    You’ve *text deleted* love the sensation that is knee jerk politics and fantization in a relitviely safe environment that is left wing Britain !

I can’t wait for the future where everything is padded in cotton, and the world is a safe space. Good lord, forbid me for having an opinion but if the mail catches up they’ll cop a feel with the knowledge found on this forum although anonymously.