Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Merseyside PRMRC September 2018

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Jones86, Sep 3, 2018.

1. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

You need to have attested into the RMR which means you are on the books and getting paid. This happens after you have passed medical. So get going and the planet's should align.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

@SDG1986 , apologies for the confusion - my understanding was that you need to be in Recruit Training before your 33rd birthday.

This is still the case for regulars however for RMR, now that you can attest after passing the medical, rather than after passing PRMRC, it seemingly gives a "by the skin of your teeth" opportunity.

If the medical is not passed by your 33rd birthday, then the odds of a discretionary waiver remain unfortunately remote.

Go for it, and good luck ;)

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  3. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Brilliant. Many thanks for this!

4. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Medical passed in August 2018, so still in date. Many thanks for your message. Over the moon with this!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Have you attested yet? If not, you need to be talking to RMR Mersey 'toot-sweet'. Think they are back off leave on 7th Jan.

6. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

No, I’ve not attested yet; when I was unable to attend my PRMC(R) in September, my AFCO Careers Advisor basically said that it was the end for me as I would be too old for the next round of Recruit Training.
    Do you (or @CHUB! ) have any literature to confirm what you have advised above (attested by 32 years and 364 days), which I can present to my AFCO, please?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I'd be wary if trying to quote employment regulations to your potential employer because it's all to do with interpretation and is best left to the RMR unit to discuss with the AFCO, based on the previous track history and viability.

There's a danger of provoking a 'Kiosk Keith' response otherwise.

The link provided above, but article 0719, paragraphs b) & c) indicate candidates must enter INT (Initial Naval Training) at least one day before their 33rd birthday. If your local RMR unit/AFCO interpret that as Attestation rather than INT, you've cracked it...but it seems odd you did not attest after passing the medical examination last August, before deciding that work commitments precluded PRMRC - possibly there's more to it or the changes are not yet incorporated in the reference book.

8. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Understood and noted.
    The sunmary is that I was offshore from shortly after my medical, to after PRMC(R). My previous employment arguably did not fit with the requirements of the RMR, which I was well aware of, but was trying to source alternative employment in the interim; something which I have since achieved.
    I’ll let you know how I get on when I’ve spoken to the RMR unit.
    Many thanks once again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Fingers-crossed it goes your way.

Hopefully there's a publication issued which clarifies the definition of the age restrictions, when they apply and one which will soon be incorporated into the reference books.

10. 777-200

777-200 New Member

I had always thought the age limit meant when you started training but it is confusing. It would make sense if they were all the same - what happens if you want to transfer from the RMR to RM whilst in training and aged 33?

11. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hiya guys,

My AFCO are fully aware of my situation and said that turning 33 before training wouldn't be an issue as long as I was already part of the holding troop. I applied through Wolverhampton AFCO.

I also spoke to Cpl Matlcok at Birmingham AFCO. He actually used to be part of the Birmingham reserves detachment and he said that it wouldn't be an issue. He definitely had a relaxed view on it and also went on to say he had someone complete reserves training who was much older and wasn't an ex regular. Maybe there is flexibility and special consideration? Not sure.

Cheers

12. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Cpl Maddox should not be offering this information. My advice is speak to the RMR Unit and your Careers Adviser as I have seen this go wrong so many times and the rules change all the time.

13. PotentialBootneck

PotentialBootneck New Member

Does anyone know the physical requirements for prmrc? Or the pass rates/stats? Cheers

14. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Same as a regular PRMC

• Like Like x 1