Messy application form

S

Sotiris

I was biking back from meeting my AFCO the first time. Of course, as it was Cardiff, it was raining. I was carrying a plastic bag full of handouts, but most imortantly a form which I needed to fill out with all my GCSE and A level grades..not to mention the optician's report. Sod's law had it that my bag would split emptying its content into a rather muddy puddlem :evil:.

I have had the optician report filled, signed and stamped. And it's not in bad condition. However, the 2nd page is. Is it worth contacting the careers office again and getting a new sheet to send off?

Will I be judged on the state of this document?

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you should be fine, id ring them up, explain the situation and it would look better than going in with all the messy papers etc

also mate (cardiff) started training abit now, doing all the circuits and stretches etc over the river *text deleted* all coming along

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
There is no doubt they will say something and probably put their best effort into making you feel like a tit. But they are also *text deleted* do that all the way through RT so why not get used to it now.

In answer to your more important question, no, you wont be 'judged' as such. They are not *text deleted* write a little note on your application that says 'drops things in puddles', and the person you give the forms to doesn't have to be the person dealing with your application, just someone that can photocopy it/put it in your folder.

Even Ninja must have dropped summit in a puddle before.

S

Sotiris

Oh really? With BMF or by yourself? Whatever the case I'll PM when I'm back from Greece next term if you're up for a training partner?

Thanks for the help.

S

Sotiris

Hehe thanks Matt. It wasn't so much the dropping in the puddle bit I was worried about...more the resulting state of the form.

Either way I'll call in like you said,

Thanks.

Iago

Reaction score
Sotiris....
slightly off topic but relating to BMF....

I went down to a training session yesterday and it was great, like you said. Promptly joined up. You mentioned in an earlier post that you were doing this Borneo challenge - which one are you doing?

I'm considering going for the February one.

Cheers,
L

S

Sotiris

I'm going this November, to help with AIB...funny story really. I was late, by the time I found out about it it was fully booked. So I sent an e-mail asking if there were any drop out please contact me. Total fluke, the guy was reading a drop out request as he received my e-mail. Shame we can't be o the same Borneo boat, would have been sweet.

Good on you for joining up! I keep preeching it but I don't think people believe me. The PTI's are brilliant, they've drawn up a fitness regime/schedule for me over the summer based on what I've shown them so far. They do actually genuinely seem to care about what I want to do.

Iago

Reaction score
Ah OK.

Yeah they seemed pretty good when I went yesterday, I failed POC in May on exactly that sort of fitness, so doing that once a week for 5 months will help me immeasurably. I got a shock how hard it actually was - before I went down I thought I was borderline green level, but actually I struggled in the red group! Which I think is a good thing '*text deleted* it shows they really push you.

Yeah shame about Borneo, best of luck to you though mate - let us know how it goes as I'm sure you will! Looks like an amazing experience, only thing is it's very expensive so I'll have to think about it!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
BMF is fantastic. Been going in Exeter for about a month now and 1 of the PTI's is at Lympstone training YO's, one was in the Marines for 12 years and the other is in 40.
They really push you and now they know I've got PRMC coming up they are paying particular attention to me. They really dont seem in it for the money.