metatarsal pain...

RH

Reaction score
I used to get an injury a while back playing football on the top of my foot but it left for a couple of years. The other day after a run it came back and i was gutted. It used to kill me like mad and it is *text deleted* :(. Its weird tho it doesnt always hurt when i run; hurts more when i walk or try and stretch it?
Any ideas what it could be lads? or ways to prevent this sob returning?

RH

Reaction score
and to make it more bizzare i only get this on my right foot :s

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
wierd i have no idea best go see physio matey

ermal

Reaction score
I get this in my right foot too, but only when I lift my toes up, it's accross the middle 3 bones, quite painfull but as soon as I relax my toes the pain goes, I've had this problem for weeks now and it wont go away no matter how much rest I give myself, but luckily it doesn't affect my running

RH

Reaction score
yeah sounds identical to mine *text deleted*. mines healing off a bit now tho stayed of running for a couple of weeks but still comes back slightly now and then. Havent started running to the lengths i used to tho :( maybe ill give it a week until it feels really good then add on 4 more days to make sure
let me know if u find some magical cure for it :)

RH

Reaction score
yeahhh my foot has finnaly *text deleted*ing healed!
Stayed of the treadmills for 3 weeks and stuck to running on the roads and country lanes and it seems to be doing the trick. Im *text deleted* stay off treadmills now *text deleted* i think that could be doing my foot in. Anyone know if treadmills are bad for you?

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i expect to much running on a tredmil is bad. especially long distance, varying the ground you run over is a good idea. its just hard surfaces tend to pound your legs a bit more and would result in a higher chance of injury. and i would guess a tredmill is worse because its just metal your running on i think.

New Threads