mfat

paddlequack

Reaction score
Rumration is terrible for having the *text deleted* ripped out of you and having no questions answered...
MFAT is alright but if you make a spelling mistake and not realize it WHOLLEY i think his/her name is ends up mouthing off over you telling you to basically piss off!
This site i've found is the friendliest helpful site there is. Period.

southerncomfort

Reaction score
I think this site has been a lifesaver. I registered with MFAT about 2 years ago when I was going to enlist (before the kids came along :shock: ), and I just kept checking in to try and pick up info and chat with other people that had the same interest in the forces. Unfortunatley it has spirraled in to an online version of Jerry springer with everyone bitching about everyone else and it seemed a struggle to actualy get an answer from a thread as you had to wade through pages of abuse. It got to the point where I thought that if this is the type of people wanting to join our forces, do I really want to be with them?

I'm glad I was directed to this site as it has renewed my faith in the calibre of people wanting to join the Marines and has provided some good info without the childish squabbling.

rant over :*text deleted*:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys can't really add to what is said above,

Been on mfat a little and when I saw prmc.co.uk last year come up as not being renewed by the previous owner I decided to register it.

Saw the things on mfat that you guys mentioned and thought there are enough good guys out there to make a better site. Luckily got in contact with Steve Preece, Ninja and RC (much by chance) who have moved this site on miles from where it started.

I was just going to do the technical stuff in the background and run my other businesses while keeping out off this one.

But after listening to the guys on this site and reminding myself what an achievement it is to wear the beret, I decided to apply to rejoin.

Now got as far as booking a prmc in December and fingers crossed onto RT, so I guess I got you guys to thank as well.

So I guess it works both ways, and I have as much to thank you for.

Now got to drop 10kg in 2 1/2 months, :eek:ops: :eek:ops: already lost 4 in the last 2 weeks so time to get my fat butt into gear.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nice one Greywing :D ... It wont be long before your down there :wink:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
how old are you greywing, and congrats buddy !.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
cheers guys, got a few hurdles to cross but certainly going to give it my all to square this one away.

28 now TY, got to drop a few pounds but should be o.k

It's something that won't leave most people. Some guys think when you take your opt out, that is you finshed with the Marine's. In a stupid kind of way, the Marines ain't finished with you. Everytime you hear about them, and see your friends on the news it brings back the memories.

I never really wanted to join the Marines before I went in the first time, and if leaving winds me up like it does, think long and hard about what it will do to you guys that have wanted it for so long.

I still don't think a mistake in leaving when I did, I made the right decision at that time. But it took that and a few other things to really make me want to join back up and have a motivation that I never had the first time.

and luckily the Navy are willing to give me a second chance.

Regards

GW

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats great Greywing. Im hoping you go back in and stick with it. It would be a shame for it to be on the back of your mind on your 32nd birthday and still not knowing if it was right for you. At least this way you know 100% if it's what you want. I hope I stick with it as well. I just have to wait so long to join because Im getting my lazer eye surgery later this month, then I *text deleted* wait for that to heal. The more time I think about it, it gives me so much time to second guess myself and doubt if this is what I want. I just *text deleted* get right over there, right now. Cause I know once Im there.... across the ocean from my family and friends, there is NO turning back.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
cheers TY, thing is it won't be my option this time to stick with it or not, as they don't give you an opt out the second time. So once your in, that's you in for 4 1/2 years.

I honestly have no doubts this time,

you'll be fine mate, you sound like it is something you want so just be honest with yourself every step of the way and you'll be happy.

GW

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That reminds me. What is the contract you sign upon RT completion ?. Can you do the 1 year, and then leave instead of picking a profession ?.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Greywing mate I was stunned when I read about your decision. I take my hat off to you mate it cant have been easy to decide to give it another go. I think this is it Greywing for you I dont think you will back out this time, I really wish you all the best for the future. Im in the same boat as you I think its something we have to get out of our system and either do well or fail miserably and Im pretty sure like me you dont plan on failing miserably. I dont want to get to 33 or 40 etc and think oooo maybe I should have joined the marines I wonder what it would have been like. Ack well good luck mate. :)

Take care

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Beacons Bimble (as on MFAT) Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 0