Military expenditure

Joshusky

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right forum to put it in but I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the current military expenditure for the UK. Do you think it should be more or less or stay exactly as it is?

I believe we have lost 3 billion of total since 2017, our total expenditure is around 47 billion but around 35 billion of that is Trident renewal.

In my opinion I would like more funding but maybe I'm just being greedy, I mean why fix what is not broken right?

sutanmaf

Reaction score
*text deleted* the military is underfunded and what's the point of spending lots of money on a nuclear deterrent delivery system that is unlikely to ever be used as the enemies we now fight are not nations but idealistic groups. Obviously the Military Industrial Complex is a huge sink of money and weapons development should definitely be nationalized. There are links between high military spending and a strong economy especially one recovering from a recession.

Collieryboy

Reaction score
I'd like to see more investment in cyber security/warfare. We should be a world leader.

Joshusky

Reaction score
I like what both of you are saying, it actually really puts it into perspective when you realise that the nuclear deterrent is most of our budget and then you realise the rest of what actually goes onto the military puts us behind the expenditure of places such as Iraq.

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone in the military would say more funding i personaly think there should as like america you get all brand new everything thatd be nice

Latest posts

New Threads