Missed my medical

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've missed my medical, purposely because my eye test isn't untill the 25th.

Will i get in *text deleted* for this?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
depends on the afco mate, but 99% sure they ain't going to be too happy. The medical spaces are booked up well in advance and some afco's have big waiting lists for them.

But if you have missed for a genuine reason, best thing to do is be absolutley honest with your afco. But be honest with them they can spot a lie from 200 mile away

Best of luck

GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
How's about this...

You can be rejected for missing your medical appointment as each costs in the region of £100 & everything after the medical costs more than that. All you had to do was ring up your Careers Adviser to ask beforehand, so I'm afraid sympathy is in short supply.

As it is, you've now deprived someone else of that medical appointment.

Had you arrived for your medical, having not had your eyes tested, they would have simply given you the medical examination & waited until your eye test forms were received before passing you fit.

My advice?

Start apologising, it may help. Bear in mind if you are permitted to proceed, then any other evidence of unreliability will be the end of your application.

It's called "Personal Admin", indications are you'll fall foul of it in training if you get that far.