Mobility Training (Injury Prevention)

Clumsy

Reaction score
Evening guys. I'm interested to see what sort of mobility training everyone else is doing to prevent injury in recruit training. I want to see if there's something I can add to my routine.

My everyday mobility routine is as follows:

Hip mobility drill (SEALFIT video)
Shoulder mobility drill (SEALFIT video)
Couch stretch
Lat hang
Foam rolling calf
Foam rolling quads
Lacrosse Ball into glutes
Single leg heel raises

https://sealfit.com/yoga/

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good stuff there.

I personally spend a good 45 mins to an hour once a week doing mobility and stretching. One of the things I like to do is with a light resistance band, just go over the running movements standing up and laying down. For example:

Laying down, have one end around your left foot and the other end around your right knee, and just lift the right leg into a right angle for 10 - 15 reps, and then repeat on the other side, and then repeat standing up.

Also laying on one side and lifting the leg is a good one to do.

Thanks for sharing the link as well, deffo going to add in some of those

Clumsy

Reaction score
Good stuff there.

I personally spend a good 45 mins to an hour once a week doing mobility and stretching. One of the things I like to do is with a light resistance band, just go over the running movements standing up and laying down. For example:

Laying down, have one end around your left foot and the other end around your right knee, and just lift the right leg into a right angle for 10 - 15 reps, and then repeat on the other side, and then repeat standing up.

Also laying on one side and lifting the leg is a good one to do.

Thanks for sharing the link as well, deffo going to add in some of those
Cheers for the response mate. I'll give that a try. The yoga on that links not bad either. Definitely start doing the hip and shoulder ones though because they'll both get battered in training!

old-lynx-mech

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was involved with RM way back in the mid 80's. My mum was a yoga teacher then and i had attended her classes for many years as a teenager. Would highly recommend it as aside from improved mobility it teaches you how to manage and take care of your body. Made a huge difference in how i coped with an all arms commando course and the pre training. Best to join a class if affordable and available in your area. They are very popular and can fill up really quick

Clumsy

Reaction score
I was involved with RM way back in the mid 80's. My mum was a yoga teacher then and i had attended her classes for many years as a teenager. Would highly recommend it as aside from improved mobility it teaches you how to manage and take care of your body. Made a huge difference in how i coped with an all arms commando course and the pre training. Best to join a class if affordable and available in your area. They are very popular and can fill up really quick

The classes must be better because you've got someone checking your form. Got a few local to me so I'll pay one of them a visit each week before I start RT

New Threads