Mobility

rmm17

Reaction score
So I’ve been having issues for a while when it comes to little injuries in my legs. Nothing major but just tweaks that cause me to have to skip a run every so often.
I have fairly inflexible muscles in my legs so I’ve been stretching consistently for a while I’m a bid to stop these injuries as I figured if my range of motion increases then the chance of me getting these little strains and pulls will decrease.
However I still seem to be getting them, mainly when doing sprints (where my stride generally lengthens) or doing squats after I run.
So I’ve been reading up on injury prevention and a big thing that’s come up alongside flexibility is mobility. And from my understanding of what I’ve read it doesn’t matter how flexible your muscles if your joints do not have a good range of motion you can still pick up injuries.
So my reason for this thread that I was just looking for confirmation that this is the case and that increased mobility in my hips will decrease tweaks in my legs when moving in a deeper range of motion such as a long stride etc. And if this is the case what are some good movements to increase mobility in my lower limbs to stop these little injuries and increase mobility.
Any responses or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

billybob123

Reaction score
alright mate, new to this forum and saw your post and though I would reply.
Im a sports student and one thing they always tell us is when you're doing Strength and Conditioning is to do a FULL range of motion during exercises, this will increase your flexability and joint movement/rotation.
so if i believe the answer to your question would be just to do lots of stretching and flexability exercises and during your strength workouts do a 100% range of motion, nothing half assed, take of weight if you need too aslong as you get a full, clean ROM

PMP_25

Reaction score
Check out GMB Fitness on Youtube.

Lots of quality content... Mobility, Flexibility, Prehab, Rehab and loads of other good stuff.
Get watching some of those videos and you will definitely find some that will help you.
Considering i've been in a similar position to you before, acknowledging the mobility work that needed doing, but with little clue of what exercises and movements are best - stumbling accross the above page on youtube was a godsend. Lots of specific routines with several exercises in them which is really helpful in increasing knowedge, remembering the exercises and providing enjoyable sessions. Have a browse and hunt out the best vids for you.

I ressurected my wrists recently. Been boshing out this routine most days and have made some fantastic progression.

Best of luck with it all. Where abouts are you in the recruitment process?

rmm17

Reaction score
Cheers lads for the advice and I’ll give those vids a watch. I have just finished my medical and am waiting to book VPJFT