mock pjft

Otters1996

Reaction score
So i have my PJFT on saturday so i thought id do a mock pjft tonight i did my first 1.5 in 12.15 and my return was bang on 10 minutes. Just hoping i can get a more convincing time on saturday. I've got to admit its alot easier on the road than it is on the dreadmill!

Otters1996

Reaction score
Yeah I will do thanks for the advice i couldn't seem to do it today my legs were struggling a bit

Otters1996

Reaction score
Hi mate I failed my return 1.5 I just got inside my own head and lost that battle I’m afraid but it’s given me a lesson to go back next time and smash it

PotentialBootneck

Reaction score
I've been practising mine these past few days too, on the 1st 1.5mile I've been getting around 12:13/12:17.
On my second I've been getting 09:25, 08:58 and today's has been a 09:10, just *text deleted* keep pushing yourself until you can't do anymore and then keep pushing! It's hard to ignore the wobbly legs, but when you do you feel mint about it

Otters1996

Reaction score
They’re really good times they are mate. The thing is that when I did my mock pjft I did my first in 12:15 and my return in 10.
On the actual day of my pjft I did my first in 11:30 and I couldn’t finish my return as I lost my head. The pti said it’s because I didn’t eat prior to the run but I don’t like to use excuses, It was just a poor effort from me. But I’ll keep my head up and next time I do it I’ll smash it. Just *text deleted* beast myself now when I’m doing practice runs

Otters1996

Reaction score
Good luck mate hope you smash it! Try and keep your mind distracted when your on treadmill you should smash it,that’s where I let myself down

"Crikey mate"

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you didn't make it bro! But failure is the best way to learn, so chin up. No chance you'll fail it next time now. You've got this ;)

Having to re-do my PJFT as the 6 months has expired whilst I've been waiting for my Security Clearance.....oh the joy, I always get lucky like that

Have ran sub-8 on the road a few times but struggle getting under 9:30 on the treadmill, mainly just hate to run that fast on one because if you come off you're royally effed in the a haha!

Not sure how you're setting the treadmill up. This is how I do it, hope it helps pal.
I run the first 2.4km at 12kmph the whole way through gets me in about 12:20. Just be as quick as you can at the start putting the incline & speed settings right. I do incline first, then speed. (at 1.2km I check the times under 6.10 and know I'm sweet for under 12.30)

Then on the return 2.4 km I set it at 14.5kmph.
After 1km I up it to 15kmph.
At 1.9km I up it to 15.5kmph
Then just keep bumping it up from there until I get 9:30-9:45 if that helps at all. I find its easy to whack it up to like 18kmph-20kmph for the last 200-300metres and just mentally distract myself for the last 2 mins as I know the pain will be over quicker (i think about sex, weird but it works haha)

How long until you can re-take it? Whats your training plan between now and then?

Best of luck!

Otters1996

Reaction score
Definitely mate failure isn’t an option this time round and the pti said for the first 2.4km to do it at 12.5 kmph and the second one do it at 15.5 and after 1.2km my legs just went like jelly but I should have carried on in all honesty.
The way you do it sounds like a better option for me this time around though
I have to wait 8weeks till I can re do it which I’m gutted about really but it gives me plenty of time to practice it. I’ll be doing a lot of hill sprints in my preparation this time to get my legs used to running at a faster pace. And a lot of mock pjft.
I’ll have a problem with security clearance at the minute as I’ve got a few debts but I’m sorting them out now

"Crikey mate"

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely mate failure isn’t an option this time round and the pti said for the first 2.4km to do it at 12.5 kmph and the second one do it at 15.5 and after 1.2km my legs just went like jelly but I should have carried on in all honesty.
The way you do it sounds like a better option for me this time around though
I have to wait 8weeks till I can re do it which I’m gutted about really but it gives me plenty of time to practice it. I’ll be doing a lot of hill sprints in my preparation this time to get my legs used to running at a faster pace. And a lot of mock pjft.
I’ll have a problem with security clearance at the minute as I’ve got a few debts but I’m sorting them out now

At least there isn't a rush if you're waiting to be Security Cleared anyway!

Sorry to hear about the debts dude, not a nice weight to have on your shoulders at this age, glad to hear you're sorting them, hope they aren't too horrendous, been there before with money, won't go back, was a good lesson.

I'd say fit in a mock-BFT on the road every week & also a mock PJFT on the treadmill. Try it the way I do it and see how you go, everyone's different but I find that works best for me!

You've got 8 weeks to prepare, thats plenty of time to find out what works best for you & increase your fitness so you can smash PRMC too. Smash it.

Otters1996

Reaction score
Yeah it’s not good having debts at my age but it’s life haha they aren’t too big I’ve cleared most of it now and I do a mock bft every Monday usually and throw a pjft in once a week my mistake was doing more long distance running at a comfortable pace rather than hill sprints and stuff like that. My aim is to smash every other test that’s put in front of me now. I’ve had a taste of disappointment and I really didn’t like it

"Crikey mate"

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Haha I feel you, had plenty of money problems from a young age. No debts these days but only just have enough money to eat each week haha

Sounds like a very solid plan mate. You've got this.

Otters1996

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully my plan pays off this time, I’m confident this time round.
I’ll be glad when the financial problems are behind me but it’s all been something to learn from

Mogley09

Reaction score
PJFT is only a tick box test you dont have to go mad and get 8 or 9 min returns, PRMC however is where that kicks in as best effort is required for everything.
12kph is fine for the first run gets you well within 12:30
14.4kph will get you a 10:00 for return run

No point burning your self out and failing you no of you start at 14.4 your *text deleted* pass if you stick to it, if you feel fine 2/3 the way through crank it up a little bit and get a quicker time but dont go mad to the point where you cant finish the test.