Mod c*text deleted*kup

Nathaniel191

Reaction score
Does anybody else recon that the missing Mod computer scare will slow down everyones application process while they try to find it? And if they do have anyones data then what do you recon the Mod are going to do about it?
Im just interested what other people think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7662604.stm

lharlowl

Reaction score
Don't think it should cause much of a problem, it's happened before and this was strictly navy info which was lost. This could be from any or all of the branches.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's extremely unlikely it will have any effect on anyone's application.

If it's of any consolation, it's quite possible my details could be on that disk also, but unlike the prisoners, whose details were "lost" a little while back, I'm not seeking damages.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
whats going on? this *text deleted**text deleted* seems to be happening all the time now.. how the *text deleted**text deleted* can you forget or lose a vital piece of equipment like that im guessing there all on laptops because its unlikely you can lose a desktop pc *text deleted* but it seems to be happening alot lately you would think they would look after it better it could be vital information about people if i was the boss id fire who ever lost it its a stupid mistake

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Serves the Government right for using a *text deleted**text deleted* company like EDS!
What sort of company doesn't encrypt sensitive data!?

When I worked in e-Commerce, banks set out standards that we had to adhere to to store credit card information. If those standards are not met, they would not accept our transactions. Seems to me a Government agency needs to set out Standards for data security... Oh, hold on that's what GCHQ (CESG) are meant to do.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
and bears *text deleted**text deleted* in the woods