MoD to hold bearskin hat meeting

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7590705.stm

A meeting with PETA? These guys should be classed as a criminal organisation, stupid enough to be one anyway.

However, Peta is proposing a new hat shape and has also approached designer Marc Bouwer as well as McCartney and Westwood.

Robbie LeBlanc, Peta's director for Europe, said that although the group was proposing a different shape for the hats it did not mean the new design could not become "iconic".

"Most people think it's fake fur and when they find out it's real and it takes one bear to make a hat, they are appalled," he said.
I personally believe, they should get the hell away from making such a suggestion, it's the tradition of the armed forces, and if anyone has the right to suggest a new shape it would be the men who have earned the right to wear the thing.

I hope the MoD tells them to get *text deleted*ed.:mad:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
they should make it from those PETA *text deleted*' skin. i just came back from a field party where there was a veggie, had a lovely time making her look like a hyprocitical wench after she starting knocking me for eating my sauages. *text deleted*.....

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha *text deleted* love em.

Proper maintenance of the caps allows them to last for decades. Some bearskin caps in use are allegedly more than 100 years old.
Can't be killing the population too much then eh?

ninjamej

Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted*ing *text deleted*ers
bearskins hvae been worn for hundreds of years
who do they thing they are telling the troops to do other wise