Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Mont Blanc: Outcry as ex-marine dumps rowing machine near peak

Discussion in 'RM Public Relations' started by News, Sep 3, 2019.

1. News

News RSS Feed

A French mayor complains a helicopter will be needed to remove the machine.

Continue reading...

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Must admit, I did ponder the logic and practicality when the fund raising effort was announced. :)

3. DJANGO

DJANGO Member

Bit of a misleading headline really, not like he chucked it when he reached the top- apparently it's unobstructively placed in a shelter on the mountain and he intends to retrieve it himself.

Y'know sometimes I think whoever writes these headlines has a bit of an agenda.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Mr Disney has confirmed that he will retrieve the machine. There is a fair chance that someone else will 'retrieve' it before he gets the chance.

The French mayor is being less than gracious when one considers that service charities benefit from Mr Disney's fund raising stunts. Perhaps the mayor should be reminded that an earlier generation of UK service personnel died to free his constituency from the tyranny of the Nazis. o_O

• Like Like x 4
  5. Moonduster

Moonduster Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I've been following Mr Disney's Instagram account... I think he may be a little bit bonkers but he is certainly an amazing man. If he says that he will retrieve the rowing machine then I don't doubt he will.

No doubt the mayor will try and beat him to it just to make a point!

• Like Like x 3
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s a non story. It’s some French frog wanting to suckle on the EU teat and make a big song and dance about naff all.

He had confirmed with the owner, and it was all in private agreement.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rkec

rkec Member