Morning runs better than evening runs?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Some people tell me that if you run in the morning, it'll be more benifital but I don't know what to believe now.

I just can't figure out how my 1.5 mile road runs have decreased so badly. If anything I feel quicker over the distance but my stopwatch says otherwise.

9.48 minutes this evening what another crap time. Well, I'm going to rest tommorow and try on Sunday morning to see if there is any progress.

Oh and guys, what's a good recovery food and drink?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I run in the mornings because i am used to it, its never done me any harm. I would recommend morning runs as the 3 miler on PRMC is very early in the morning. The air is cleaner, cooler and refreshing as well! (Plus its a bit quieter!)

panzergrenadier

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about when you're running, I try to run in the morning as I feel better throughout the day. Sometimes though i'll go running in the afternoon, or the evening, or.... at 2am in a forest in sub zero temperatures.

By the way, a few days before I done my prmc I tested my 1.5 miler and got 9:49 and on my prmc I got 9:13. Just make sure you push yourself as hard as possible and the don't worry too much about getting all technical with times/pace/time to run etc. If you feel like you've worked hard you have, and you WILL see results.

As for recovery foods/drinks, stuff yourself with protein.

carbs before run, protein afterwards, same for circuit.

protein shake morning, afternoon and night. chicken, tuna, meat throughout the day. *text deleted* repair dem jacked muscle fibras son.

C

cujo

guess it all depends on whatever time you trained the day before, so if you train in the morning on monday n then you train on the tuesday evening that means you have had more recovery time, so u should always train round about the same time as you train the previuos day....meaning the less recovery timeu take, the fitter u can get...

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hard work is hard work regardless of when you do it

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
true dat.

Im off for an evening run now, its *text deleted**text deleted*ing cold, dark and quite stabby here in london... but we does real man sh1t here son.