Morning work before Breakfast?

JasonMc

Reaction score
Oioi y'all
I was just wonderin if its okay to do a 6-7 miler first thing before breakfast rather than having to wait till breakfast digests and circulates, or is it just a bad idea?

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ite mate

it's up 2 u really in my view it's a bad idea *text deleted* u havent had a good meal for a few hours but i surpose its up to u if u can run that far without any proper food y not its worth a try an see how u get on

brownie123

Reaction score
What do you eat for supper? Have a high carb supper something like pasta before you go to sleep [ for me around 10pm ] so you should still have the energy from the carbs for your morning run; if you dont take water with you just have a pint before running. Thats what i do :)

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi mate

i dont normally have food before i go to bed but on the odd ocaission i do i normally just have somethin small like a bit of cooked meat or a sandwich *text deleted* i find it hard to sleep if i have to much to eat before i go to bed an by the time i've got up it's nearly 12 so i dont train in the mornin an i've never done a mornin run since i stopped footy trainin so its pointless have a high carb meal *text deleted* i wouldnt use it

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
6 miler, no further, as soon as you wake up ideally before 9am. Your body uses last nights food before it uses todays food so don't forget when you get back you need to drink within 15 mins and eat withing 30 minutes. This will ensure you're properly fueled for the day =)

Good luck and have fun.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ite guys

i think i will try a mornin run before 9, just wonderin what would be a good light food to have before bed that will give me the energy to complete a run or should i just have pasta or summin like that

Tarod

Reaction score
Working out in the morning will burn the previous days carbs. If you havent eaten any then your body will move onto fat and protein for its energy. Its difficult to get the body to burn what you want it to burn with perfect nutrition. Training without eating before hand is risky as you can never be sure if your body is burning fat or lean body mass (definately not what you want unless you are too bulky) Is the risk worth it?