Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Most essence SQ

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Vine, Oct 31, 2015.

1. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Yea that won’t be happening! No chance they will offer that incentive 1. It makes sense and 2. It costs money.

They can’t even organise driving a half cab or their own fleet let alone chucking their hand in with a load of fuel tankers and the legislation to be dealt with too. “Specilised tanker training” you mean getting thrown the keys and told to crack on?

Totally agree with you though. That’s where the Forces fall down, JPA is gash, the whole claiming system is gash, lads barely get paid what they are owed and the MOD don’t realise that they need to incentivise the lads. Exactly what private companies do when they require work outside the contracted hours.

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

That’s a fair one. As a trade or a job. But as an RMR rank if I turned round to my work for time off for that, they wouldn’t be happy or supportive. And I don’t want to give up my freetime for that at all. Especially regarding the fact they can barely manage their own MT as it is without throwing even more complicated legislation into the mix.

And there’s no chance the RMR would pay us the same civvies wage for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sharpe

sharpe Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    ADR is a great qualification to get. Depending on the course you can get qualified to carry pretty much any hazardous load. Hopefully someone will confirm when it comes to the petro/oil each company has its own protocol that you need to be accredited in for accessing their facility.

4. Former AE

Former AE Royal Marines Commando

AE, anyone who doesn't agree booby trap their pit !

• Like Like x 1