motivated

Luke281

Reaction score
does anyone on here now any ways to get urself motivated about doin press ups and *text deleted* urself wanting to get fit becasue i can't seem to get myself motivated.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
does anyone on here now any ways to get urself motivated about doin press ups and *text deleted* urself wanting to get fit becasue i can't seem to get myself motivated.
You've just *text deleted* keep thinking about the finished product,
being a Royal Marine,
it might seem a long way off but it'll come.

I sometimes feel a bit gutted that I'm not joining for a year,
because I'd love to join today,
but I've *text deleted* get my fitness up,
just keep cracking,
set yourself small goals,
like amount of press ups/sit ups to beat every few weeks,
or a time to do your 1.5/3 mile in,
helps with morale a bit.

Joe

manonfire

Reaction score
I always find music helps.

Try putting your favourite album on to get you motivated.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
someone else has said this on here somewhere at some point...

and it may sound silly to some of you..but sometimes u *text deleted* forget about the marines for a bit, an just think about the good that getting fit will do for you personally, even if you weren't joining up...
for a start, u'll begin to look better, better physique, and u'll feel you'll have a lot more energy during the day etc etc...

also set urself smaller goals, so maybe say u *text deleted* crack 3 miles under a certain time within the next 3 weeks maybe? or improve max pressups by 5 in the next 2 weeks? etc etc...smaller goals along the way will help you acheive the ultimate goal in the end! ...

but having said that, don't loose sight of the fact that being a royal marine is what u *text deleted* do ...

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
also set urself smaller goals, so maybe say u *text deleted* crack 3 miles under a certain time within the next 3 weeks maybe? or improve max pressups by 5 in the next 2 weeks? etc etc...smaller goals along the way will help you acheive the ultimate goal in the end! ...
this is what keeps me going. you obviously aim eventually for the marines, but all of us potential recruits are so far away from the finished product there's no point aiming for that level.
One final goal with lots of little goals showing me the way.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Going out drinking on a Friday night with my mates helps motivate me.

Sitting in some noisy ass club, half-drunk, with a bunch of people acting like *text deleted*s around me. Sitting there thinking, "If I don't get into the Marines, this is all I'll have to look forward to for the rest of my life. Bored out of my face at work, and then acting like an idiot on Friday. I want more than this."

emerson88

Reaction score
How true, I'm like that every weekend.

Also watching programmes such as 'commando: on the front line' motivates me. I'll watch it and see how hard they're pushed, seeing people fail and thinking 'that is not going to be me'. The more you put in now, the less of a struggle you should hopefully find the training.

Another thing is to try and find a training partner, you will arrange training sessions and then you will push each other as you will not want to be the one to stop during a run, or do fewer sit-ups for example.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Going out drinking on a Friday night with my mates helps motivate me.

Sitting in some noisy ass club, half-drunk, with a bunch of people acting like *text deleted*s around me. Sitting there thinking, "If I don't get into the Marines, this is all I'll have to look forward to for the rest of my life. Bored out of my face at work, and then acting like an idiot on Friday. I want more than this."
Yeah, I got told when I was 18 that I could do well in grappling but I had to cut out the drinkin. I was told to look at mates because they'll still be in the pub in 10 years time etc and where will I be. Anyway 3 years later, I finally get it.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Go on youtube, and watch a few videos of the marines in action, even when i don't plan on going for runs, i watch some videos and end up out running (Y)

:iagree: