Motivation workout & progress goals

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Remember when I came back to this forum when I was trying to lose weight and get fit again around May looking at some of the workouts in ”your last workout“ thread and if I wasn’t someone who knew anything about the fitness requirements required I’d have lost a lot of confidence and if anything became demoralised with it.
As I said previously on another thread there is most certainly people who follow this forum who don’t have the confidence to post their workouts or ask for help and everyone starts somewhere with the same ambition and wanting to achieve the same goal.
I thought I’d create a thread where people starting off with their fitness goals or have workout targets they aspire to achieve can post their goals and what their hoping to achieve on here.

I only started training properly in May and with weight loss and starting from complete scratch fitness wise I knew it was going to take time but have just stuck with it.

Ill post my 1st weekly workout from May and what my one currently is now for the next few weeks.

My goals for the next 4 weeks

1. Get under 24.00 3 miler (25.58 currently)

2. Get under 11.00 1.5 miler (11.40 currently)

3. Complete 40x press-ups & 40x sit ups (to beep)

4. Complete 3x pull-ups (to beep)

5. Complete a 8 miler run

6. Get to 13 stone 5 (13.13 currently)

7. Complete at least 1x correct vPJFT set to audio

Ill be posting all my runs on here from now on but the more people who post their goals and ambitions the better it will give others the confidence to show where you’ve started at and where your at now.

All welcome!

Attachments

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been following your progress on here and your absoloutelt smashing it out your determination is great keep it up!
Cheers mate appreciate it best of luck for your ROP!!

Plan-Do-Review-Repeat

Keep the drive and motivation going @Mattys
Ta Johnny I will do just hope others who are not quite there or starting off share their fitness goals on here also as always interesting to see others starting out and what they achieve.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Be sure to check out the “last workout” thread that has over 9000 fitness related posts.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ROP in 7 weeks.

Weight loss is a big goal now. Fairly confident in phys with lots of max scores, sub 08:45 run, generally fit enough to do each GrizzPhys session in the timecap and so on, but somehow still weighing in at 97kg. This is 6kg heavier than when I was in training the first time, despite being about the same body fat levels.

Cutting calories pretty hard for a few weeks, hopefully want to hit ~92kg by start date.

Ultimately every extra kilo is another kilo to shift up a rope and it almost feels jack/selfish because someone else will have to fireman's carry me!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nearly got under 25.00 but managed to take 56 seconds off which is good.

Been trying to get hold off my AFCO for a while or I end up missing their calls but managed to speak to a recruiter as i just finished my run.
I wanted to explain my situation about applying without being 100% ready and only really started exercising again 2 months ago and if there was any issues or problems with applying knowing this. I got asked my height and weight and just said i was going to go the waist measurement route (93cm) as I know I have no chance getting to 11 stone 11.
Asked how much I run per week and they said that’s fine I told him my last 2 weeks running mileage per week and just said if I can do some 4/5 milers.
He asked my age and said I’d definitely be the grandpa and explained to me that with older applicants it’s not really the fitness it’s the recovery time that can be the problem. You can be doing a 12 mile yomp on the Monday then the next morning go straight into a speed march he did RT (marines) when he was 21 and going off his age id say he has served at least 15/20+ years so respected everything he said and there was no better advice I could receive on that situation.
So with the timeframe of the application I was told to apply then I’d come in for my recruit exam as of course I didn’t leave school with anything and then get me through the medical.
So yeah some refreshing news and something I’d never thought id ever have a chance for so just got to keep putting the effort in now!

Attachments

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
5k PB this morning at 19:45 - buzzing to have finally broken through the 20 minute barrier, and by a respectable margin!

There definitely seemed to be more in the tank by the end but I don't often run 5k for time so wasn't sure how to pace myself for the first couple miles, then went all out for the last 1.1 miles. Next time I'll try and knock off another 5-7 secs per mile and see if I can do sub 19:30.

GrizzPhys session tonight, not chosen which one yet.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Had a few days off from any press-ups and res band pull-ups.

Just tried doing full pull-ups I hopped on the pull up bar I managed to do 2 correct pull-ups! I was only meant to try and do 1 but as I lowered myself down I just tried doing another one and completed a 2nd and then jumped off.
They were both correct form pull-ups but if it was to the beep id have fell behind time wise in the 2nd one but happy none the less.

Weighed myself this morning also I’m 13.10 so I think as the weights coming off doing pull-ups will become a bit easier for sure.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Managed to get abroad for a spot of mountaineering in the Alps. That starts tomorrow, so today:

- 16km of walking to, around and back from a lake.
- 30 mins swim in the lake (2 mins front crawl, 1 min breast stroke, repeat 10x)
- 4 mile hilly tempo run this evening with a few strides/sprints chucked in for good measure.
- "7 Minute Abs" as shared above, in a hostel car park after the run haha

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Managed to get abroad for a spot of mountaineering in the Alps. That starts tomorrow, so today:

- 16km of walking to, around and back from a lake.
- 30 mins swim in the lake (2 mins front crawl, 1 min breast stroke, repeat 10x)
- 4 mile hilly tempo run this evening with a few strides/sprints chucked in for good measure.
- "7 Minute Abs" as shared above, in a hostel car park after the run haha
Realised I posted in wrong thread! Meant to be in "your last workout".