Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Motivation

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Griff149, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Figgers

Figgers Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I have found the current situation brilliant for motivation.

I am currently working from home so that gives me the opportunity to go out on a shorter run over my lunch break and if I am not running that lunch or doing a longer run in the evening I am doing an upper body workout in my garden.

I have felt my fitness go up a level over the past few weeks and even though the current situation isn’t great for most it’s about using it to your advantage.

As quite a few people have said to me now “more time to train”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    My bad mate came across as I ment climbing high I just ment ground level *text deleted* but fair point

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. deerhunter909

deerhunter909 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I like to listen to a lot of Jocko Willink, pretty motivational and inspirational. However, like a lot of the guys have mentioned on here, lockdown is a massive opportunity to do loads of training, everyone should be more motivated than ever because we have more time to train! Normally I wouldn't have nearly as much free time as I do now in lockdown, so if I wanted to go out and do a quick 5 minute workout between lessons, I am able to do so.

If you haven't all ready, cancel your gym membership and use the money to buy some weights. Our family has cancelled our gym and climbing memberships so that we can buy a hang-board to do some finger training with.

I suffer from a couple injuries such as shin splints and a some hip issues, so instead of doing mostly running in my free time, I focus on a lot of my weaker sides such as strength that I would often put off. I think injuries can be important as they force you to adapt and change your workout so that you can focus on some of your weaknesses that you might often put off. Don't let injuries be an excuse for not working out! You can always be better at something! even small things such as balance and agility.

Another pointer for motivation is to set yourself weekly or monthly challenges. For example, you can say to yourself: "by next month, I am going to run 1.5 miles under 9 minutes" this should give you something to work towards and should help with motivation.

hope this helps ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Griff149

Griff149 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Glad you’re doing well mate! I’ve got some potential dates for RT starting so feeling more motivated than ever! Glad you’re enjoying your training.

As a personal trainer who’s going RMR though, I’d rather everyone didn’t cancel their gym memberships -nailbiting-

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. deerhunter909

deerhunter909 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    fair enough :) hope you are enjoying your training and noticing some strong improvements! and good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not sure why people would be cancelling memberships when their not getting charged? Unless it’s something different where you are *text deleted*?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Griff149

Griff149 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    No same where I am, not getting charged. Was just in reference to the comment above!

I for one can’t wait for whenever the gyms eventually do re-open. Given they’re opening in Italy (next week) hopefully it won’t be too much longer for us too!

8. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rover

Rover Moderator

[​IMG]

Why use a Gym when you can train outdoors and it is cheaper.;):)
    Waiting for the Gym to reopen by some sounds more like an excuse!o_O-banghead-

10. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Depends if your training already really me personally I could do with the gym open so I can use the treadmill/rower aswell which is things I can’t use anywhere else.

11. Rover

Rover Moderator

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

Awesome speech.