Motivation

recruit clements 1988

Reaction score
Guys, just wanted to say a quick thank you. Since joining this site I must admit that ive found all the information Ive needed to get me on the way to my dream as well as having a laugh along the way.

I just thought it would be a nice touch for me and maybe some of you lot to post up what you do for motivation, when out running or in the gym, even your day to day life.

For example, when I go to the gym I do alot of rowing. And in front of the rowing machine theres a massive mirror. I look at myself and imagine a green beret on my head.

When im running, If I get tired I just say " Cpl Joe Bloggs wouldnt accept this, get a move on."

Thats just two of my little habits I have when training...do you guys do anything like this...Post up :D

Peace and love

THE ISH

Reaction score
Ello mate....

I just imagine a club swinger (PTI) telling me that more effort is required *text deleted*:cheesy:

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes when im out running I imagine i'm doin the Endurance course in Commando test week and i've got to pick up the pace to get under the time limit-gets my legs movin a bit faster!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i just say a few sayings in the head a couple times

"its only pain" (and i imagin the picture of the potbelly marine in the picture on heartbreak lane)

"you've just hit your wall, get over it" (of course when i say this i acctually havn't hit my wall, but i say it anyway *text deleted*)

"you've never known so much pain... want to know more?"

and my tutor said to me this once when i was struggling on a run
"you want to join the royal marines not the *text deleted* boy scouts, now get *text deleted* moving"

good stuff

Hoppy99

Royal Marines Commando Officer
Reaction score
When running you can pick a point 3oo metres away and tell urself a royal marines commando would get there in 5o seconds, and that you will to!!

i you make it keep on running (good ef)

i you dont then its extra phys for u boy!! ( normally i just do 20 pres ups and keep running!!

i do this when i get bored!! or im not really out of breath!!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
The quote I think about when doing a long distance run and it's killing me is one I read in this article about a Marine who had just done his 30 mile endurance march.

A corporal said;

"Your legs will keep moving until you die, the only person who will stop them is you, how much do you want this?"

Joe

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"its only pain" (and i imagin the picture of the potbelly marine in the picture on heartbreak lane)

I have posted that in the gallery if anyone wants it (Im afraid I robbed it so credit goes to ex_rubberdagger from RR).

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When im racing my bike i tend to shout at myself its so automatic, I Really do shout at myself and it gets me going, Really strange but it gives me such a buzz to get going!..

Sam

sb146564

Reaction score
For motivation, I think of the commando State of mind!
Pain waits for you on every mountain top, Pain hides in a humid jungle, pain lurks in an icy stream, pain instructs, pain motivates, Pain is FACT! Pain does not listen to muscle, Pain plays out in your head, Pain is beaten in your heart! Pain is just a feeling, its not in your arms, its not in your legs.. its in your head, Pain is a silent shouting match in your mind, so shout louder and when you finish give pain the two finger salute! Your mind is a weapon, it can beat heat, overcome hunger and eradicate pain...you body is mearly an extension of your mind, you can train you body, turn soft flesh into hard muscle... But if you want to know what it takes to earn the Green beret... START WITH WHATS UNDER IT

Thats roughly what I try to think about haha
:saythat:

recruit clements 1988

Reaction score
For motivation, I think of the commando State of mind!
Pain waits for you on every mountain top, Pain hides in a humid jungle, pain lurks in an icy stream, pain instructs, pain motivates, Pain is FACT! Pain does not listen to muscle, Pain plays out in your head, Pain is beaten in your heart! Pain is just a feeling, its not in your arms, its not in your legs.. its in your head, Pain is a silent shouting match in your mind, so shout louder and when you finish give pain the two finger salute! Your mind is a weapon, it can beat heat, overcome hunger and eradicate pain...you body is mearly an extension of your mind, you can train you body, turn soft flesh into hard muscle... But if you want to know what it takes to earn the Green beret... START WITH WHATS UNDER IT

Thats roughly what I try to think about haha
:saythat:

OH YOU KNOW I LOVE IT! PAIN IS WEAKNESS ESCAPING THE BODY...PAIN TURNS ME ONNNNN

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
OH YOU KNOW I LOVE IT! PAIN IS WEAKNESS ESCAPING THE BODY...PAIN TURNS ME ONNNNN

was a dam gd quote! some like it more than others by the sound of things ! *text deleted*

now, i need to w*nk so im gna go shut my face in a door and staple my eyelids together :smile:

one love!

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Motivation..

Can be my worst enemy at times..

when I find myself struggling, I constantly find myself thinking about a speech in football factory from Danny Dyer..
He talks about living the normal life of spunking wages on fruit machines, kebabs and things like that...

Then I think to myself.. I don't want to live that life.. If I don't push myself now, I never will...

Srew

Reaction score
Alright guys, here are a few of my favourites:

"Pain is in the mind, conquer this and your body will go on forever".

"I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step, if that is to no avail I will take another and yet another. I truth, one step at a time is not to difficult. I know that small attempts repeated will complete any undertaking".
(This one was one Commando on the Frontline)

"It's not everyday you meet a man who NEVER gives up".

For me these really do sum up the Royal Marines.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i was just reading the little posters about , pain, hunger, cold, brotherhood, heat, state of mind etc. and i kept getting a tingling sensation all over my body *text deleted*, weird stuff.

Srew

Reaction score
Yeah I'm the same. I think the recruitment video is awesome...... "I am your worst nightmare. I have conquered fear, I have come to terms to terror and pain is my best friend. I am a Royal Marines Commando.........."
If that doesn't motivate people, I don't know want will.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Yeh I saw that in the cinema,
one hell of a recruiting advert.

I like to stick with the good old;

"What does not kill me only makes me stronger"

Friedrich Nietzsche

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The Best motivational quote ever is the one in my signature!..

LANCE ARMSTRONG THE BEST CYCLIST EVER TO HIT THE PLANET!

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Pain is temporary Pride is forever

when I used to go the gymn and I'd be on the cross trainer I'd try and set myself new records and somethings seemed impossible. One day my dad said that I couldn't do something and that it was impossible to do (however many kilometers in however amount of time)

Anyway I decided that he was wrong but he assured me that I couldn't do it. I went for it as hard as I could and came up short and realised he was right that I couldn't it and somethings are impossible.

Anyway a few days later I went crazy and completely shattered the time he said I wouldn't be able to compltet this distance in (In my head it's like I'm that crazy boot camp drill seargeant from Full Metal Jacket screamin "come on you *text deleted**text deleted*in pussy" and I'm thinking I'd rather die than quit)

Anyway my dad was pretty shocked but real impressed, then he started asking me how high my pulse rate had got and I was telling how it was over 200 easy and he called me an idiot because you shouldn't go that crazy /.

But honestly I didn't really give a *text deleted**text deleted* because when I got my mind in the right gear I could do it , even though I felt like I was *text deleted* die but afterwards it did give me that great buzz.

Latest posts

New Threads