Mountain Walking/Climbing for fitness.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* just got back from holiday and 2 days ago me and my dad and sister went mountain walking/climbing and in Austria the mountains are really steep, the one we climbed was 1300 metres. Anyway its such a good way to train as I carried a rucksack with 25 pounds of food, water and jackets etc. Obviously the weight got lighter but it was still alot of weight. We walked 17 miles and the terrain was so steep and then as you got up you go straight back down the other side and is steep again so it is hard but its really good for training.
Has anyone else done anything like this, If you have how heavy were your bags and how far did you go just out of curiosity?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i did the penine way (270-some miles) a few years back, nearly killed me! *text deleted* not sure how much my backpack weighed but we were carrying up to three days food water and equip on us so i guess it must have beena fair wallop. except for having a6" blsiter on each foot, and even a blister under one of my toenails (!!) i reckon it was great for phys, esp as we stopped along the way for a spot of climbing

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aye me, Sj55 and Leestewart on these forum's did the 3 peaks. We did 26.5miles in under 8 hours with big ass ruck sacks and about 6 liters of water each. Now that was hard work! Still go war wounds from it, lost 3 toe nails & blistered all my feet to *text deleted*.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* 3 peaks? fair play mate, i take it that was the three peaks challenge yeah? by the sounds of it, not too far off the cdo final test! *text deleted*

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aye me, Sj55 and Leestewart on these forum's did the 3 peaks. We did 26.5miles in under 8 hours with big ass ruck sacks and about 6 liters of water each. Now that was hard work! Still go war wounds from it, lost 3 toe nails & blistered all my feet to *text deleted*.

holy *text deleted**text deleted* *text deleted*

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* 3 peaks? fair play mate, i take it that was the three peaks challenge yeah? by the sounds of it, not too far off the cdo final test! *text deleted*
Aye matey, was a hella good laugh. We didn't stick to the paths, instead we attacked the hills from the side which was a silly ass idea. It included a lot of extremely steep hill climbing *text deleted*.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aye matey, was a hella good laugh. We didn't stick to the paths, instead we attacked the hills from the side which was a silly ass idea. It included a lot of extremely steep hill climbing *text deleted*.

Thats what happened to us, we lost the path, it was marked with paint on the rocks and the paint wasnt there as we went up and went completely the wrong way up the hills and through cow fields *text deleted*.