Moving on(Army)

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Hyperhippo, May 4, 2018.

1. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Sorry to hear it isnt for you. Maybe get yourself over 16 air assualt if you can may be better but yeah get a transfer in mate

2. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

You go onto wage OR 2-7, or that’s what happened to me when I left the Army and joined the Royal Marines day one week one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. m2013

m2013 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Id still lose my sfa id imagine and if i got injured id get md'd which i couldn't risk

4. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

I’m not sure about that mate, I went onto OR 2-7 and my LSA days carried over.

• Seen Seen x 1
  5. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Evening guys,

Just thought I’d post a quick update. Currently on 2 weeks summers leave, have had an amazing time so far really enjoying it all, buzzing to get back and get the rest cracked. Any Qs please fire away.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

2 weeks? Or that supposed to be 3? What week have you just finished?

7. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

@03092014 depends entirely on capbadge as to length of summer leave, in phase 2 at least. I know of one that doesn't have a summer leave at all. The horror!

8. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

Ha that was my fault for not reading all the thread properly, I thought he was at CTC!

Is that DST? Only Christmas leave there, thankfully that was when I was there and could escape...

9. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Yeah pretty sure all catterick dont get summer leave

10. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Where are you pirtbright

• Like Like x 1
  11. m2013

m2013 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    How you findin btn bud

12. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

New bloke shine will be here for around a year but its 100 times better than depot been on a course or two hopefully got jumps before december so can actually be a paratrooper
    No marching around is great to

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

Best of luck mate. We don’t always end up down the path we started on. Life gets in the way.

Keep us updated and don’t be a stranger, we could use input from other services on here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Morning all, thought I’d jump on give a quick update on myself.

Completed phase 1 at Pirbright early October and now in phase 2 which is going well I should be looking at finishing that around March/April time next year. I’ve put in my paperwork to go to 29 Commando which has pretty much been confirmed.

I know the Army doesn’t get the best of light across the media at the minute due to the new fitness tests coming in and the whole debate on women in Frontline roles, (and the video of the bloke on exercise on here in absolute clip, gippin’ hell!) but I am enjoying myself and I believe it is what you make of it and that life in general is 90% stuff out of your control and 10% how you react to it. We have phys everyday first thing in the morning, after that everyone goes to their various courses for the day and usually after half 4 (ish) the time is your own. Myself and some other lads who are going 29 go to the gym for an hour or so and practice rope climbs or pull ups, or rowing or a circuit.

There is a mixture of people, some drip and complain about nearly everything and others just crack on and do what their told. One instance that springs to mind... we’re going on exercise in December and one lad who is adamant he’ll go on selection moans about that, I’m thinking everyone wants to be an operator until it’s time to operate! But I’m not fussed I’m in a really good section and I suppose that’s all that matters at the end of the day really.

That’s me for now, any Qs please for away or send me a PM

• Like Like x 6