MPCT (Military Preparation College for Training)

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by GalaxyWarfare, Nov 14, 2017.

1. GalaxyWarfare

GalaxyWarfare Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hello,

I'm Galaxy, i'm 17 years old from North Wales and I just recently finished my MPCT course and i'm here to recommend it to any potential RM between the ages of 16-19. It is specifically designed to train any wannabe soldier or public services member supporting them through whatever stage, by joining this College you do not require to join the military 100% but if you want more confidence, training and something to do then just work or if you dislike school or whatever this is the place I recommend to any parent with children who show interest into the military or 16-19 year olds themselves.

Since joining the college I got my public services qualifications, numeracy and literacy quals aswell to go on top of everything else I got from school, gained a ton of military knowledge about various regiments, core history and the core values of what it takes to be a soldier in today's military and the future military.

Upon leaving school I knew I wanted to be a soldier, being 15 at the time I rang up the AFCO office and asked them about applying, age limits, and what kind of preparation can they recommend to me. I was referred to MPCT as a great building platform and they were 100% correct.

Since joining the college, I had the Royal Marines come to our college to do a presentation in life of the Royal Marines, some team building exercises and of course some PHYS. We did some classics, the duck crawl also a lot of carries which were performed and taught to us then we got to do it to each other in a form of exercise, a race and some fun. Some of my best memories throughout life so far on top of other things. I've also gone airsofting, done outdoor exercises (Military ones), trained with kids all around the country, done rugby training with the Welsh Guards rugby team, mountaineering. All the staff at MPCT have military experience and know how from all different regiments and forces.

Upon applying to join the college, it was simple. I called the center manager there, he gave me an interview and at the interview he asked me about job choice, what i'm looking for out of the college and how he can personally aid me with any personal issues I may have. After all of that I was given a start date.

MPCT does not work to a normal government curriculum, you can come and gain your qualifications, get fit and leave at any date. The only thing the college asks for back is that if you are there you are determined to make something of yourself and progress to better things then just sinking back into a minimum wage dead end job or some course you don't want to do.

There are 26 locations scattered across England and Wales so if you want to research more into what I have talked about I will leave their official website link at the bottom. Travelling to the locations if they are abit far away will be paid for by MPCT. I had to get the train from my town to the college costing 9.90 a day and I only had to pay 5% of it with MPCT paying the rest. Students who live in Wales only will be payed 30/50 pounds a week depending on what level course you are on (Being full time or part time)

The last thing I wanted to talk about here was my progression with the college, when I joined I was relatively fit for a male my age, my first BFT was with MPCT and clocked in at 10:52. At the college every month they do all the fitness tests including MSFT, pull ups, sit ups and press ups. They as for you to cater to technique to your job role. They keep your progression and monitored it while encouraging to exercise at home as well as at college. When I was there we did exercise 4 times a week with going there monday-friday and it always yield results even from the least motivated or confident students. This is not cadets where you just go do stuff for a weekend, this is actual training and self development for a better progression into the public services.

This place is also VERY useful if you are carrying a medical deferral as they will cater to your needs and allow you to ensure that you are where you need to be when you join your specific job role/choise.

Thank you for reading I will leave the links below, I'm very proud to say I completed this course making a lot of friends old and new and gaining the respect off my instructors and fellow students.

https://www.mpct.co.uk/

Ofsted report of MPCT: https://www.mpct.co.uk/about-us/our-ofsted-report/

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    This sounds a lot like an advertisement to me.

• Like Like x 6
  3. GalaxyWarfare

GalaxyWarfare Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Well its free, i'm an x student not a paid product placement sponsor or something. Also the RM invited the college on a few look at life's at Lympstone and are becoming more eager to work with MPCT (From what I was told). Nothing wrong with telling people about an education that they can get for free helping them develop themselves BUT yes I do see how this may be advertisement.

4. RMDO

RMDO RM Digital Outreach CTC

Yes it is true that the RM and MPCT have been working together a lot lately. It has been shown that candidates that have gone through MPCT are more likely to pass a PRMC.

We are currently recommending to those that have failed to Pass PRMC, that they may wish to find out more and attend MPCT colleges.

College provision (16-18 year olds) is available at all their college locations. Adult provision (19-23) is available in their English colleges only and does not include the following locations

- Birmingham

- Southampton

- Isle of Wight

- Wales

• Like Like x 2
  5. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Mpct was a valuable tool in my lads preparations for PRMC, however the fitness elements were geared towards passing the physical requirements of the Army. My lads college however was supportive of his decision to come out of college to do a specific PRMC preparation.

His experience at Mpct included a look@life down at CTC, and also a meet the Marines event in Cardiff!! It's an ideal opportunity for lads who are of a younger age say 16-17 to gain a little experience of military life whilst in the application process.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I wonder who profits from this extra over complicated stage.

7. 622

622 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Is it open to females and how long does it last. Are there no student fees involved?

8. GalaxyWarfare

GalaxyWarfare Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yes it is open to females, and the course is 6 months to a year. There are no students fees at all other then paying for your uniform and stuff, but there is grants you can get from the MLT.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

Well that was a switched on decision to have two colleges within 30 minutes of each other in a somewhat under populated area of the UK!

Alan

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  10. 622

622 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Depends who is paying for it?

11. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    University’s get grants for making Mickey Mouse courses.
    Lads of various ages and qualifications pass PRMC without any special school.

12. 622

622 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Yes but students pay for the rest of their lives for the privilege of their 'Mickey mouse' course. If this is free, who pays for it?

13. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The colleges are funded on a "Per Student" basis, in the case of Wales, it comes from the Welsh Assembly. And each student get a £50 per week wage, plus all their travel paid for too.

My view on what I saw?

Some lads were there purely for the money! And nothing else. Some young lads, were there because their AFCO though it wise to "mark time" a bit due to development issues. My lad was one of these.

The phys was relevant and well put together!! Different branches of the armed forces would visit and take good sessions!! The full time staff were also former ex services SNCO'S and above.

The trips away to different places such as CTC, Catterick and other training establishments was valuable to the students. Students were taught weapon drills on dummy SA80's and spent nights in the field learning cam and concealment and other field craft elements.

It's a general look and familiarisation experience for youngsters, and does give those who wish to pursue a military career a valuable experience.

The fact Royal Marines are involved is a good thing. My sons college had a full time currently serving Welsh Guard. And for a lot of lads, who didn't know what they wanted to join....... Well you can guess what they did join.

It's a recruitment tool really, and I imagine those that have, or anticipate a recruitment problem, would be a wise move approaching MPCT??? As you already have an interested body of people, just send a few boys round show off how good you are, and bingo!!

My lad first experience of seeing a Royal was as he describes it "unbelievable" these men were like "God's" to him at that time. Quite strange looking back now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  14. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Yes it is free. See my comment above. It's funded by central government. Each student gets a grant. Which the college uses to fund itself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The colleges. It's essentially a business model mixed with underachieving school leavers, youngsters who want to earn a bit of cash easy, and genuine youngsters looking for a military career.

• Seen Seen x 1
  16. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Nothing is free.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So with no contractual obligation to join up, is it just like a residential OTC type thing?

18. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

No contractual obligation at all. My lad was put onto it by his AFCO, As he was 15 and 10 months at application. It think you need to go into with your eyes open. There were some real beauties in my sons college. However two Royals have come from the same college, countless Welsh Guards, Royal Welsh, Raf Reg, Navy, and Raf.

It's not residential, you just turn too at 0900 every morning. And finish at 1530.

• Seen Seen x 1