Mucus build up ?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wasen't sure where to post this, but here we go. Does anyone ever get a lot of mucus build up when running ?. I heard it was quite common in runners. I *text deleted* blow my nose all the time when running, and also cough up phlegm and spit it out. Im not sure if it's allergies or what....cause when I do my runs, it's down a forest trail, but I find I always get this.

Would the Marines could pissed if I blew my nose via " farmers blow " or coughed up phlegm and spit it out during runs ?.

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Hello Ty,

Funny you should mention this, I went out running last night and its the first time in proper cold weather for me (seems this week suddenly just got colder)! Anyway, normally i'm fine and phlegm free. However last night it was like I'd swallowed slimer from ghostbusters!!

So I can only put it down to the cold weather.....and your body trying to protect itself from the eliments by covering your wind pipes etc in something better than seliver......however.....this has been completely made up and could be miles from any amount of truth :*text deleted*: just seems like a happy coincidence!

Matt

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My nose does seem to dribble whilst i am running. I sometimes get a flemy cough after my run inall. So your not the only one :wink:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well thats good to know. Im pretty extreme though. I need to slow down and blow my nose a few times during a 3 mile run. Also *text deleted* choke it up, and cough it out. I heard something like that was related to asthma. Sure as hell hope not *text deleted*.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah it could be something like Excercise Induced Asthma if its only when you run etc, i remember from school when we did about it they say it causes large ammounts of mucus! The cold can cause it a to a certain degree, but ive never got it to that extent and ive been running when you can see your own breath recently *text deleted*

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i get it loads but always put it down to being an ex heavy smoker and thought it must be my lungs clearing out. glad to see im not the only one.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lshort1988 said:
yeah it could be something like Excercise Induced Asthma if its only when you run etc, i remember from school when we did about it they say it causes large ammounts of mucus! The cold can cause it a to a certain degree, but ive never got it to that extent and ive been running when you can see your own breath recently *text deleted*
Yea Im quite sure it could be exercise induced asthma. Long as I keep spitting and blowing my nose Im good *text deleted*. Anyone think this would be a bar to entry ????.

And nope, your not the only one Brucey ;-)