Muscle Cramps

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Please can I just have some advice on these,
I was doing some situps yesterday evening with my feet unsupported and I felt a cramp in my left calf because my feet were in the plantar flexed position, it lasted about 10 seconds and then went. I did a long run earlier in the day and it was quite hot outside so this might have contributed to the cramp through lost salt, I was just wondering if other people have these cramps and what they find stops them happening. I have had them before but in my hamstring and quads. The muscle doesn't appear very sore now and is painless but I am a bit hesitant doing my run tomorrow in case i pull it or something; I assume things like cramps happen all the time during recruit training but with my ROP starting in about 8 weeks I dont really want to take any risks.

Thanks guys,

Chelonian

Reaction score
The muscle doesn't appear very sore now and is painless but I am a bit hesitant doing my run tomorrow in case i pull it or something; I assume things like cramps happen all the time during recruit training but with my ROP starting in about 8 weeks I dont really want to take any risks.
Because I'm an old knacker I pick up lots of training niggles, most of which are transient and vanish without trace.
My solution would be to begin with a brisk walk; then a jog; then a sprint and see how that works out. If I experienced pain I'd stop and repeat the following day.

I'm not qualified to offer advice. Merely mentioning what has worked for me.

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pickle Juice, isotonic drinks and hydrate!
Because I'm an old knacker I pick up lots of training niggles, most of which are transient and vanish without trace.
My solution would be to begin with a brisk walk; then a jog; then a sprint and see how that works out. If I experienced pain I'd stop and repeat the following day.

I'm not qualified to offer advice. Merely mentioning what has worked for me.
Thanks very much for your advice guys, I will make sure I am properly hydrated and do a decent warm up first to see how things are before going on my run tomorrow,
Cheers :)