muscles *text deleted* bigger..im not *text deleted* stronger...

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
WTF why arnt i *text deleted* stronger my arms are huge now and my abs and shoulders but im not getting stronger apart from +10 pressups? and still no pullups... im so confused why is this??

Zefan

Reaction score
Huge muscles isn't unnecessarily a good thing, remember they add weight which can hinder your cardio performance. That's almost certainly why you're not improving your pull up performance, any increase in strength is most likely being countered by an increase in weight. What sort of workout are you doing at the moment? If it's heavy weights with slow, small amounts of reps then you need to change it. Less weight (not too much less), and far far more reps will increase your muscular endurance which is the most important thing for things like press ups.

The gym is good, but it only really excels at improving your aesthetics and your performance at lifting weights in the gym (which you're not going to be doing in the real world).

I read on here the other day that swimming is very good for all the muscles used in pull ups, give it a try.

gleneagles

Reaction score
I think you think about fitness to much. If you just train hard with lots of reps and run till breathing does squat (as well as biking rowing and swimming) then there is no other possible outcome other than you will increase in performance. Thats the top and tail of it mate. 2 rest days a week and eat healthy. This is all you need to do, the rest will come naturally (i.e. if you naturally have the determination it will be done)

Good luck

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
Glens got it there, lost of hard cardio and high rep excercises. Training for prmc needn't be overcomplicated. But then again I haven't done it yet so I'm not one to say.
Have fun training