Music Taste?

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This has probably been done before but I am majorly bored, nothing to do on a friday night ohwell 18 in a couple weeks.

Anyway what kind of music is everyone into?
I wouldn't say that I have a favourite genre and I listen to a bit of everything.
I like some folk music like Ben Howard, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran etc.
I like some rock like Linkin Park, Lostprophets.
and RnB and rap so I like music as long as it sounds good.
I hate people that just like chart music and I hate people that dislike chart music because its too 'mainstream'.

Just because something is or isn't in the charts it doesn't mean it's bad it's what the song is like.

Baron

Reaction score
Big fan of Jazz and swing. I also like a lot of classical music, but I couldn't tell you the names of what I listen to.

Modern music doesn't really do it for me; but I like Jack Johnson, Metallica, Foo Fighters and Nirvana.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Big fan of Jazz and swing. I also like a lot of classical music, but I couldn't tell you the names of what I listen to.

Modern music doesn't really do it for me; but I like Jack Johnson, Metallica, Foo Fighters and Nirvana.
No offence but a fairly odd choice in music for someone so young, then again some people probably hate some of the things I listen to.

Although I have never really given jazz etc a chance really.

hunter2240

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've got possibly the oddest, wide ranging music range known to man.

I'll listen to anything from Metal in the form of BFMV, In Flames etc to Rock in the form of Alter Bridge, Slash, Shinedown, Def Leppard etc to Trance in the form of Armin Van Buuren and Chicane.

Being from Glasgow I'm a big fan of a Saturday night show on Clyde 1 called the 'GBXperience', full of club and dance music that takes me back to my HTID days and lots of nutty drunk weedgies phoning in for a 'Shoutoot fur the lads'.

Hunter.

Ryan11

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
same as above really, massive taste, was in a metal/heavier band for ages :rock: was a dj for about a year, playing house, drum and bass, dubstep

and like baron above i am a jazz and swing fiend. and was, up untill recently, part of a swing jazz trio also, so anything really!

Ryan

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This has probably been done before but I am majorly bored, nothing to do on a friday night ohwell 18 in a couple weeks.

I wouldn't say that I have a favourite genre and I listen to a bit of everything.
I hate people that just like chart music and I hate people that dislike chart music because its too 'mainstream'.

Just because something is or isn't in the charts it doesn't mean it's bad it's what the song is like.

I agree with you on the last part about pop chart music. Sometimes there is good stuff but mostly bad stuff. It's really rock bottom in Sweden. Dont listen to death metal and all other songs are eurovision :wacko:

Mhm, but there are the usual suspects; The Beatles, Oasis, Bowie; but i've recently taken a liking to Rammstein, Herbert Gr?nemeyer and the French Foreign Legion Boy Choir.

I'd like to pitch this Herbert Gr?nemeyer song to you all(he's german). It's a really deep song dealing with having to cope with the loss of both his wife and brother in a short period of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SG5A3PYaUs&ob=av2n

He also played Lt.Werner in Das Boot - Winning

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
These days anything I'm in the mood for, from Dean Martin to Slipknot! Lots of chart stuff as well.

Used to be a die-hard metalhead though. Was on the brink of worshipping Motley Crue and was utterly convinced that anything that wasn't metal, was for chavs. If it wasn't 80s heavy metal, it literally wasn't music!

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm a massive Muse fan, also Feeder, Max?mo Park, Bloc Party, Coldplay, etc.

Oh, and Backstreet Boys.

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mumford & sons, coldplay, oasis, the killers etc.... Good bands and artists that can actually sing, saying that I do like a few of the charts and stuff, I like bait of everything *text deleted* but more inclined to the type stated:biggrin:

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I like anything realy, mainly rock, trance and old school hardcore. But I have a real love for the 50s rock n roll and style. I keep considering turning my dining room into a mini 50s dinner. Bright pink, bay seats and seat box with a checked floor. I could realy see my self in a cadillac with a quif l@l

noswod

Reaction score
I suppose I'm a bit of an odd one out here. I only listen to classical music :redface:

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Plan B, Chase and Status, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, the Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Enter Shikari, CCR. Also Jay-Z and Kanye West are good. And the phonics because they are welsh.

Lead Poison1981

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Any old school rock with a decent riff in it.

ACDC, Rolling Stones, T-Rex, Oasis, Kings of Leon (before they sold out), Motorhead etc etc

Jazz is for musicians who can't follow a tune.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I like anything realy, mainly rock, trance and old school hardcore. But I have a real love for the 50s rock n roll and style. I keep considering turning my dining room into a mini 50s dinner. Bright pink, bay seats and seat box with a checked floor. I could realy see my self in a cadillac with a quif l@l
Haha I know what you mean about 50's rock n roll, I've been rock n roll dancing with the missus a few times to some big venues, her parents are nuts about it and so I thought I'd see what it was all about, wouldn't buy the music but to listen to a live band is pretty decent, gets the feet moving, get a lot of banter from the lads for taking part in that but it's all good fun, Jazz is sweet! Only cool people listen to jazz so get it sorted out Ninja!

With regards to bands I'm not into heavy metal, more into bands like Kings of Leon, Coldplay, Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Vaccines, Foo Fighters, Chilli Peppers then there's the big boys like Oasis, the Charlatans, Radiohead, Ocean Colour Scene, white Stripes, smashing pumpkins.

Into a lot of the older stuff aswel such as beattles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Dire Straits ect ect ect could go on for ever.

I do like Dance music a lot as well, just not good with names of dance tunes or Artists.

adamski.

Reaction score
Elliot Smith, Bright Eyes, The Stone Roses, The Black Keys, The Hold Steady, Jeff Buckley, Frank Turner, all the mainstream stuff aswell.

I like the old stuff like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, the Beatles etc. I listen to classical (Tchiacovsky(SP) mostly), even though the girlfriend hates the stuff.

Working out has to be done to more upbeat rock and punk though.

Reaction score
I'm 18 too mate, I more into morrissey and the smiths, stone roses. That sort of stuff but when I'm in the gym its strictly rock and that's usually Breaking Benjamin. All the mainstream songs sound the same! :weird:

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

It has been done before but I've never noticed anyone else mention Ben Howard, the best 'new' artist about. Went to see him and he is just as good on stage as he is through the headphones. Black Flies is probably my favourite to whack a chill with.

I have a varied taste and will listen to anything I think sounds good.

From Mac Miller to Jimi Hendrix and go sick to some heavy stuff but can get swung right back around to certain types of dance/trance techno techno techno at the same time. I like Can't Stop Won't Stop too. That's because of devinsupertramp's youtube videos being so darn cool though. Some of todays chart music is okay, I just hate it when a song you like is played every two minutes making you get sick of the sound of it. I think that a good song isn't necessarily liked the first time hearing it.

JamieC

Reaction score
I'd never get everything I like in one post, but;

Classical, Ennio Morricone if anybody knows him? Did all the dollar trilogy scores.

I love the sixties, all the popular stuff, The Beach Boys, Monkees, Beatles etc. and a lot of less known stuff. I love Dusty Springfield.
Motown, Marvin Gaye etc.
Later stuff, ACDC to Dylan.
Never listen to it, but I quite like the electro late eighties stuff.
Modern stuff such as Bloc Party, Plan B, Alkaline Trio, Enter Shikari, Killers

Massive range of music taste.

I've seen; The Beach Boys, The Monkees (twice), Santana (four times), The Animals, The Searchers, The Tremeloes, The Zombies, The Pussycat Dolls (more of an accident haha), Alkaline Trio, Bloc Party, Rise Against, The Gallows, The Blackout, and others I forget

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ah The Monkees...

Couldn't resist...sorry.