Music to train to

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Yeah, im still in wait for a pair of earphones that dont *text deleted*ing pop out when running! :*text deleted*:

I listen to loads, change my music every other day. When im Running or Weight lifting it cant be pop or Rap shite, Has to be Rock ,Rave,hardhouse..... everything other than pop and rap *text deleted*

1) MASTODON (cant weight lift without them) 2)Lisa Lashes (phwoar! she's abit of alright too) 3) Prodigy (everyones favourite :P)
4) Jimi Hendrix (voodoo child! nuff said) 3) Led Zeppelin :twisted: (rock the- *text deleted*- on baby yeeeeeeeaaah!) 4) M E T A L L I C A 5) Slayer 6)Pendulum (love that tune with the willy wonka bit at the begining) 7)Crystal Method (keep hope alive is good-un) (8) Chemical Brothers 9) Faithless (Insomnia, classic tune) 10) DJ Shadow 11) the Black Keys 12) PJ Harvey (for when im cooling down heheh)

i was running to 3 nine minute songs the other day. 24 remix, Adagio strings (the platoon theme tune), and Gustavo Santaolalla Wings remix. *text deleted*, my running session just flew by *text deleted*

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think when you're running a good bit of Junkie XL is needed.

If you haven't heard of them, go on http://www.seeqpod.com/

But also a good mixture of;

Killswitch Engage
Metallica
The Dillinger Escape Plan
SevenDust
SikTh

The heavier stuff is for when you're lifting weights. Heavier music is also good for when you're running, gives you that little bit of anger when you run.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Thanks Jamie mate, youve got me into Junkie XL ,like that song *text deleted* more and Zerotonine.
I listen to Mastodon alot, i Forgot to put the button lock on on my I-Pod and half way through my long run it just went to ATOM BOMB levels on the Volume and nearly blew my ear drums out of my bloody arse :*text deleted*: :P

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You're welcome for Junkie XL. If you like them you'll like Black Sun Empire.

I actually found these artists on a game preview. It's an online game called "Eve". Strange how you come about some music.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
*text deleted* cheers again mate, another group i havent heared of and i like them *text deleted* Two good songs have are stuck in my head by Black Sun Empire

The end of Me and Lead us

Have you heared of Sneaker Pimps, they are pretty good to run to. I baught a cdo the other day, something like Hardest anthems 2008 with some nisce chick draped over the front of it. Best part of it! so crappy my player wanted to spit it back out! jeeeze *text deleted* they might aswell have put The Teletubbies theme tune in there for the hell of it! :eek:ops: god it was awfull!

thanks for the two great bands mate, Hows things with your PJFT?

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
dirty dancing haha "ive had the time of my life" or "im singing in the rain, im singing in the rain what a gloryus feeling im.....blah blah something" WHOOOOO hoooo

Aussie89

Reaction score
I listen to heavy stuff while running. Stuff like parkway drive, the ghost of a thousand, rise against,. Also some other Australia bands like The Butterfly Effect

Tin

Reaction score
I listen to house/Dance & Electronica
Daft punk, Ministry Of Sound make some good cds,
Mandoza has made some really good songs as well.

Tin

Reaction score
Its not one for training to but, i fined his songs really really funny,
kevin bloody wilson hes from Australia.

kidna

Reaction score
drums and bass all the way it sets the pace for running! and some bassline 4x4 for sets loud

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I prefer not to train to music. It makes it easier as it give you something to focus on other than running but during training you do not have this luxury.

I find it more beneficial to find other things to focus on as it stops you concentrating on your legs without the need for music.

I also do not like to time myself during a run (i will check the time before and after a run but will not take a watch with me) as i think this leads to you thinking 'only another 5 mins... etc' which again makes life easier as you have a clear target to run to. Again during training you cant do this and its a habit i would avoid as you never know when a particular session is going to end.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i usually like to listen dance music or abit of The Killers, anything really with a good tune to it

ringo

Reaction score
good to see theres a wide variety of music that everyone listens to.

I listen to anything really. Indie, Metal, Rock mostly. Don't mind the odd trance song.

Anyone go to Download festival at all? Ive been to the last 2 and they are amazing.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I used to run to PPK - Ressurection (Repeated throught my whole run).. But since reading the post I've added lots of Junkie XL to my playlist =D I'm glad I read it now. I also listen to Robots In Disguise (Electro Punk I think) when I train at home, I think they're lesbians which will get most young boys through doing anything.

Ash

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive found a new favourite song to run to *text deleted*

its a bit wierd, but for some reason rellay motivates me! ..

"jimmy cliff - You Can Get It If You Really Want"

sultans of swing - dire straits aswell, what else? ermmm sometimes some feeder, slipknot, i like to run to the birdie song aswell, and some old disco classics, like tiger feet by mud

yeah i know wierd *text deleted*:giggle:

Tarod

Reaction score
I defy any one not to get a personal best press ups score while listening to 'through the fire and the flames' by Dragonforce! its also the herdest track on guiter hero 3, Rock on!!