Music to train to

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well I've only had enough time really to listen to a few songs whilst training, they have been; Queen - We will rock you and Skindred - Rat race.

I usually like to listen to something more chilled on the longer runs, like Paolo Nutini but on my shorterd, timed runs the heavy stuff comes out! :D

Ross.

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Anything with a crushing riff, Tend to whack Chimaira, In Flames, Slayer whenever im at the gym/running, Bit of anger in your training normally for me pushes me alot more,

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Im going to put a different stance on this

What about a bit of opera or classical, puccini maybe?

If you *text deleted* have a listen heres my top 5

1)O Mia Babbino Caro
2)O fortuna
3) Last of the mohicans - The Kiss
4) O verona / (romeo and juliet if you didnt know)
5) Nessum Dorma

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im also having trouble with keeping headphones in my ears when running, i thought it was just me!

yer same here i think if u get some in-ear ones they help but i just end up getting really piss*d off with them. i tend to just use nothing now i just have to go on short runs so i don't get bored easily.

how ever i have some bluetooth ones now for my phone and use those but i have to be going on my bike with a bag *text deleted* i dont want to drop my phone.

in-ear best bet mate, bluetooth to.

CJ

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big rock/metal fan but i have to admit on runs i mainly listen to trance with a bit of rock mixed in. Usually a hard trance song towards the end to power me through the final stretch.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I hate to admit if, but I've managed to get hold of some USMC and US Army running cadences on MP3. There's one called 'Fired Up', keeping pace with the running in that, and breathing in time with the response to the Drill Sergeant, I've cut a minute off my three mile time. (Probably because I wasn't running hard enough to begin with). Anyway, it's good stuff.

RH

Reaction score
Alexisonfire
We are the ocean
Fort Minor

I could list more but those are the main ones i have on my ipod.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
There's this song I absolutely love, it gives me the chills everytime I listen to it.

Aphrodite - Hoochie, so if anyone else knows a song or 10 like this then let me know as this really gets my times lower

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I hate to admit if, but I've managed to get hold of some USMC and US Army running cadences on MP3. There's one called 'Fired Up', keeping pace with the running in that, and breathing in time with the response to the Drill Sergeant, I've cut a minute off my three mile time. (Probably because I wasn't running hard enough to begin with). Anyway, it's good stuff.

I'm quite against the fact one of those songs is 'I Don't Want To Be No Green Beret' *text deleted*

JasonMc

Reaction score
Linkin park always does the trick 'in the end' in particular and bodyrox 'what planet you on' from fifa 08 good stuff!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I run to the swift blisfull sound of

"LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT, 1 2 3 4"

:D

Irvine

Reaction score
Right, well I know there's already a music one on here...but this is a little different, if anyone is like me...I've got what I like to listen to for just listening but what do you like to train to.....I keep seeing threads with "I just listen to my ipod and zone out when I train"

So whats everyones fav music tracks to run to etc.

Sadly...and I bow my head in shame, I like some good ole hard core trance to run to.....not nose bleed hard :twisted: ...but pretty quick. Although probably one of my fav's is Mia Salva by Faithless..the 11min version.

And yes, for anyones thats counting...I'm bored at work today, hence the number of posts I'm writing :*text deleted*:

Fair enough this sounds cheesy, but its a good adrenaline pumping song.

"The landing" It was the theme tune for a game called final fantasy 8.

I don't know though, maybe im the only one that likes it :embarrest:

- Irvine

Latest posts

New Threads