Music..?

Taylor.S

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Whats your veiw on running with music?

i run with it on , and it helps me take my mind off my breaths, i can run a lot further with it on, not only does it keep me off my breathing (heavier + heavier) but it sort of spurs me on, But.....

when i dont have it on and im running it feels so horrible (nice word), i cant run for as long periods for some reason. So... do you think i should drop the music because if you think about it it shouldnt make a difference because my stamina is still improving but it just feels like it is harder without it..

Anyone else feel that way?
or any advice on dropping it or keeping the music :)

Thanks

stevej

Reaction score
i no what *text deleted* sayin mate but i now run with it on all the time, it helps u focus... its just hard to push urself when there's no one to spur u on and music is a perfect substitute

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
wat sort of music do u listen to wen running? i try to listen to gd old rock non of this RnB cant focus propery. *text deleted*
stewie

et-adams

Reaction score
I listen to the song, 'I will always love you' by Whitney Houston on repeat. I pretend I'm Kevin Costner from the film, 'Bodyguard' running after some baddies to save the woman I love.

I assume the rest of you do this?

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I like to run with music, but on a relatively short 3 mile run i will just with with my old ipod but just using it as a stopwatch

when we get into the bigger milages i like to run with brutal metal pumping out the headphones if i am really pumping it that day, but most other times some Red Hot Chili Peppers or N.W.A to whip me along

the only problem i see with headphones is 90% of hearing has gone which can be dangerous on the roads, so you have to spend more time looking around making sure everythings a-okay

Taylor.S

Reaction score
ahhaha adams that was well funny....

i listen to pendulum normally something to get me going

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I listen to the song, 'I will always love you' by Whitney Houston on repeat. I pretend I'm Kevin Costner from the film, 'Bodyguard' running after some baddies to save the woman I love.

I assume the rest of you do this?

i listen to "i'll be ready" the baywatch theme tune...

my outfit of choice for running is a tight red one-piece swimsuit, and i also carry a float (or small child)

i also find running in slow motion helps endurance...and i flick my hair all over the place too, to increase neck strength, but mainly for dramatic effect.

*text deleted* no seriously i like to run to pendulum....also the basshunter album is amazing to run with ! especially "im your bass creator"

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Whats your veiw on running with music?

i run with it on , and it helps me take my mind off my breaths, i can run a lot further with it on, not only does it keep me off my breathing (heavier + heavier) but it sort of spurs me on, But.....

when i dont have it on and im running it feels so horrible (nice word), i cant run for as long periods for some reason. So... do you think i should drop the music because if you think about it it shouldnt make a difference because my stamina is still improving but it just feels like it is harder without it..

Anyone else feel that way?
or any advice on dropping it or keeping the music :)

Thanks

You could drop it for shorter runs as it's not a long time to be bored for and you don't want to get too used to running with music,
but for longer runs use it,
as I don't run with music and I did a 12 miler a couple of weeks ago,
and I wanted to go home because I was bored,
not because I was knackered.

Joe

daz665

Reaction score
Doesn't it get really annoying running with headphones and mp3? I've not done it, but I'd imagine the wires would aggravate me.. either that or having it bouncing around in my pocket would do my head in! You use them arm straps or something??

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've got one of them ipod armbands, keeps the wires out of the way and stops your ipod from bouncing around.

The only problem I've found with running with music is when a car creeps up on me that I can't hear and I end up *text deleted**text deleted*ting myself and jumping into a dyke (lots of country roads were I live)

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i run with one, but find it easier without because you can control your breathing better. usually listen to D&B

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I've got one of them ipod armbands, keeps the wires out of the way and stops your ipod from bouncing around.

The only problem I've found with running with music is when a car creeps up on me that I can't hear and I end up *text deleted**text deleted*ting myself and jumping into a dyke (lots of country roads were I live)

oh..... i thought you meant lesbians

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nearly got run over listening to it today ahha, would I again? yup. :laugh:

Usually listen to industrial or trance / electronica whilst im running, nice beat keeps me going.