Must start swimming!

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not at all a bad swimmer but I've kind of ignored the fact that they are going to be chucking you into the deep end so I think maybe this is something I've got to start doing more often.

The officer told me I should be swimming a few times every week, which I don't do. Does anyone else here go swimming regualrly?

I think they'll make us do the head first dive which I can do but not very well. Usually end up with a headache if it goes wrong (which 99% of the time it does)

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, just plop yourself off the board like a fat *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**, no diving required as far as im aware.

I need to swim too.. problem is, im still a ok swimmer after a years break in between each session haha, just need motivation for it.

Danny111

Reaction score
I need to start swimming too, not really that great.

As far as i am aware on the PRMC i think you just have to jump in the deep end an dswim about two lengths and i think they would give you swimming lessons if you are not good enough.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I find swimming easy and fun, not really a chore.

Only gets annoying when you're waiting for a lane to free up, and there's some annoying, self-entitled woman in there swimming one length front crawl then resting at the end of the pool for twenty minutes, then repeating!

Or the ones in a crowded pool that don't shorten their stroke as they go past you, and end up smacking you in the face. Gyms and pools are full of *text deleted*s and idiots.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
at my prmc on day 2 they made us dive and i couldnt dive so i told the corproral then all the corporals were screaming at me to dive so i did.....and now i can dive!

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you just have to jump in off the board feet first and swim one length breast stroke, nothing to bad, and if your a weak swimmer you will get lessons, but its probably best to try and get as much time in the pool as possible before RT.

C

critchmufc

i swim every day, but i love swimming, dont know why, i just do

wasnt very good at breastroke at first, but know im quite good

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Only gets annoying when you're waiting for a lane to free up, and there's some annoying, self-entitled woman in there swimming one length front crawl then resting at the end of the pool for twenty minutes, then repeating!

Ye middle aged saggy women tend to think they own the bloody spot, they swim right bang in the middle of the pool doing about 1knots, not moving out the way for anybody. Then a bunch off the saggy hags stop for a gossip at the end. arghhh soz for the rant, its been a sh*t day!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I find swimming easy and fun, not really a chore.

Or the ones in a crowded pool that don't shorten their stroke as they go past you, and end up smacking you in the face. Gyms and pools are full of *text deleted*s and idiots.

tell me about it!! You get these old blokes that seem to hunt in packs and just plough through people!! :bully:

Or even worse, you are swimming behind someone and the water suddenly gets really warm!!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Swim every day and i bloody love it!

Its also very fun when kids decide to have a playabout in the swimming lanes.

Ginger

Reaction score
Ye middle aged saggy women tend to think they own the bloody spot, they swim right bang in the middle of the pool doing about 1knots, not moving out the way for anybody. Then a bunch off the saggy hags stop for a gossip at the end. arghhh soz for the rant, its been a sh*t day!

:applaus: So true

I am doing 40 lenghs in about 20min, around the Sunday swimmers!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Its also very fun when kids decide to have a playabout in the swimming lanes.

Yeah what's that all about,
I went swimming the other day,
lane swimming,
and 3 kids were there,
I say kids they were probably about 17/18,
and in the space of an hour they probably swam about 4/5 lengths each,
why bother paying just to have a chat?

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I did swim about twice a week prior to my PRMC and still would have but summer came about and the pool was flooded with kids(and the wall was down making it pointless)

Tis good stuff, from only being able to do 2 lengths after not swimming for some years to being able to do 40 after a couple of weeks, that took 28 minutes, quite the slow one. :D