My British Military Fitness assessment scores.

S

Sotiris

Hi lads,

A few of you may remember me preaching a lot about BMF before. Well I've just completed my first phys assessment with them. They do these once a month so you can gauge your improvement. I thought I'd share the results with you. I think the scores are decent but could have been better. I injured my right foot and suffered nerve damage in mid August and I've been out of training for a while. The fist time I ran since was in the assessment itself. A dissapointment because my first record is not what I would have hoped it should have been.

Anyways the point of this is to show you how effective BMF are. They've upped my ability beyond what I have been acheiving on my own.

Everything apart from the shuttle and 1.5km run have a 2 minute limit (just like PRMC!!) and a maximum of 100 points.

Exercise - Result - Score

1.5km Run - 5min 59sec - 74
Press ups - 60 reps - 100
Sit ups - 80 reps - 90
Burpees - 35 reps - 76
Shuttle run - 84 secs - 100
-------
TOTAL 440/500

The following link shows their scoring system:

http://www.britmilfit.com/Fitness_Assessments.aspx

You do all these exercises within 20 seconds of each other and the run is best effort, a real lung buster.

They don't make you do Marine push-ups or sit-ups...after all they're not the Marines. At least the instructors on the day weren't.

Do yourselves a favor and at least go to a trial session. It's completely free!

apollo

Reaction score
Ive just came across BMF and considering going along to a trial class.
Those are good scores you got, what were your scores before you trained with them.
Have you improved a lot since going.
What sort of things does a normal class consist of.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Soon as i feel confident (and that this new pain aint shin splints... *text deleted**text deleted* luck eh?) I'll be starting it up hopefully, of course I'll get in contact with you closer to the time haha.

What were your scores prior to attending?

S

Sotiris

You mean my scores before BMF? I'm not sure, I never tested myself on that score system. But I could max out on all the scores basically, except for the run, that needs to be done in 5 mins for 100 points, pretty tough. The thing is, trying to acheive what you are normally capable of in each discipline in your own regime in their assessment...well, if you can that's really good. The assessment is tough, no time to rest or catch your breath. You'll find that after the run (the first thing you do) your arms will feel like lead when you go to do the push-ups. Therefore, don't be disappointed if you can't acheive what you're used to.

What you will notice during your BMF training is your endurance and your mentality changing. It teaches you to grit your teeth and dig deep.

Apollo,

I've improved a lot, not so much on my scores, they've always been decent but I had an injury over the summer. Unfortunately this makes these scores somewhat unreliable as they're not a representation at me at full fitness. So I can't truly compare.

The exercise you do varies greatly on your instructor. They have different ones for every day of the week.

For example, the last session I had consisted of running for the first 30 mins of the lesson. We went through an off road BMX trail and got absolutely torn apart by the thick foliage, stinging nettles and brambles. Jumping over all their mud ramps and then there was this 8 foot wall we had to clear 3 times. Haha, while the instructor was giving a struggler a booster he got a knee straight into his face. Blood streaming out of his nose, he lined us up and calmly said, with a somewhat sadistic, yet bloody grin "now that you know that instructors do bleed I'm going to make all of you pay for that". And he did.

Log relay races up and down a hill! Ouch. It was one of the best sessions I've ever had, but now I'm suffering from a smashed knee. Not fun, but there's always a price to pay for hard exercise.

Another one could consist of non stop circuit training. Round and round, all kinds off exercises ranging from monkey crawling to *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**o's and fireman's carry races.

It all depends on the creativity of your instructors. But all of them are highly trained and capable and shall not disappoint you.

apollo

Reaction score
Nice one i think i really need to give this a go!

New Threads