My Current Fitness Plan

Newguy2011

Reaction score
Don't take this as advice but if your around 13 st thats not a bad weight to be at. You have fat for a reason, don't be too quick assuming thats a bad thing.

Drew_Mac

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
where's the bodyweight circuits? Where's the squats or leg work to build strength for constantly picking yourself off the ground when your on the assault courses/bottom field? Were's the Burpees, leapard crawls jump squats, jumping jacks the nasty exercises you will do throught PRMC days and training! Where's the hill sprints to build your pace and power?

Fitness for the military is not all about running and doing some pullups and pushups after it! A lot of delusion here, sometimes, as to what should be considered ready to attempt to join!

Maybe cut down the mileage a bit? How about a 3 miler, a hills session, a 4 mile fartlek and a long run of 8-9 miles?

4-5 bodyweight CIRCUITS a week, a compund session with weights or a kettlebell session?

Military fitness isn't about running such and such distance in such and such time. The run is one aspect of PRMC. You need to be able to crack on throughout the day and get used to the disgusting exercises, firemans carries etc!

A routine made by someone comfortable with running but not as experienced with pushing themselves until every muscle aches and then doing a set of 60 burpees so they throw up! Trust me i used to be like that with running and it's the easiest part of training for me now!

Do a set of 50 burpees in the morning and then and then this:
5 pullups
25 pushups (marine style)
30 starjumps (full range of motion)
As many rounds as you can do in 20 minutes.

Then come back and revise your routine! I'm only a private mail away if you need any further info mate i used to be exactly the same as you with running and just doing bodyweight basics and one swim.

Drew

i dared i won

Reaction score
6/7 meals a day.
I'd get bored of chewing, I think 3/4 meals is tedious and if you did have 6/7 then when would you do a run because you would be constantly full.
3/4 meals a day is necessary because you should get used to having about 4 hours between each meal.

i dared i won

Reaction score
Oh, I am the 'newguy' (should be 2 words = new guy) for doing the normal thing which is what you do when on PRMC and when in Recruit Training.