My current training schedule

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
Hey up everyone this is my current training programme for my PRMC in 7 weeks, please comment and tell me if im doing enough or how to improve etc.

Monday

Dinner time: Rower/Treadmill routine (this is a workout a friend who plays professional rugby gave me - you do 1000m on rower and then immediatly after do 200m running and then 800m rower and then 400m running then 600m rower then 600m running this contiues until you have done 1000m running and 200m rowing- should take around 25mins)
Press ups - 60 (i do as many as i can in first set usually between 40 - 50 and then in next set i will try and reach 60 including first set - example 1st set 47 2nd set 13 = 60)
Sit ups - 80 (i usually can do this in one set but sometimes it takes two)
Pull ups - 3 Sets - (1st set very slow marine style, next 2 sets as fast possible.)
Dips - 3 Sets until failure.

Evening - 6 mile run - current time is 48 mins, trying to improve on this.

Through out the day i am also doing press ups - current programme 3 sets of 25 spread through the day. (I am increasing reps and sets as weeks go on!!)

Tuesday

Dinner time - 25minute bike ride on hill plus settings v. hard (going to up the time as weeks go on)
Press ups
Sit ups
Chin ups
Dips (All same as previous day)

Evening run - 3 miler - 12.30 going out - 10.02 coming back (trying to beat time)

Again press ups spread throughout day!!

Wednesday

Rest

Thursday
Dinner time - Rower/Treadmill routine
Press ups
Sit ups
Pull ups
Dips

Evening run - 6 Miles

Press ups spread through day again!

Friday
Dinner time - Bike ride
Press ups
Sits ups
Pull ups
Sit ups

Evening run - 3 Miler

Press up through day again

Saturday
6 Mile run

and yes you guess it press ups through day again!

Sunday
Rest

For all of you that didnt get bored half way through and stop reading then cheers and it would also be a massive help if you could comment on my current programme. Bad or good it doesnt matter,
Cheers
Jonny

RC

Reaction score
Alright Mate.

How long have you been training?

The reason I ask is because doing 2 hard cardio sessions per day is very demanding. To have the work capacity / ability to recover to benefit from 2 hard sessions per day would take a very long period of consistent work (in which ideally you would build up to gradually).

Rich.

deano1617

Reaction score
orite
thats sound slike a good programme
i might try that aswell now
by dinner time do u mean lunch or evening?
ive been doing:
3-4 mile run everyday but wednesday and sunday
100 sit ups in sets off 25 everyday
and 65 press ups doing
1st set - 20
2nd set - 15 and so on to 5
then i do my sit ups then straight after that i do another 15 press ups
harder but worth it
anyway if you could get back to me cheers dean

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
That is a quality work out mate, i think i might have to copy you if you don't mind. i would like to know the answer to RC's question though, how long have you been training? i.e. how fit are you now?

manonfire

Reaction score
Yeah thats looking good mate.

Just being nosey, do you still work and do that?

Im not sure whether to give up work and just concentrate on training.

Or is that not a good idea?

ninjamej

Reaction score
sounds like *text deleted* doing a good seshionnnnnnn there mate how far u thorugh ya appliation ??

monday

morning:
best effort sit ups,press ups,pull ups
then set of squats , v sits,butterfly kicks and then finsh of with dumbells 3 sets

evening: 3miler going out: 11.37 come in: 9.22

tuesday

morning:
up the gym just doing weights
working on triceps, biecps,chest and core

evening: training with rmr london chatham detachment
first evoloution: 3 mile run then fire mens carries up and down hills
second evloution: circuits consting of wide arm press ups tricep dips half sits sit ups sprints and finally the dreaded squats

wednesday: rest day

thursday:
morning:
best effort sit ups,press ups,pull ups
then set of squats , v sits,butterfly kicks and then finsh of with dumbells 3 sets

evening: 3miler

friday:
morning 3miler sit ups pussh ups pull ups best effort
evening : down the pub or maybe even in a club

saturday:

morning:push ups pull ups and sit ups best effort
evening 3miler or down the pub again

sunday: ussaully have race from4-10k

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
jczopczyc123 - I done that rower/treadmill workout yesterday,is it just me,or is that last couple of running parts killer?!? Good workout

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
Alright Mate.

How long have you been training?

The reason I ask is because doing 2 hard cardio sessions per day is very demanding. To have the work capacity / ability to recover to benefit from 2 hard sessions per day would take a very long period of consistent work (in which ideally you would build up to gradually).

Rich.
yeah would you recommend not doing two hard cardio sessions a day and just doing one!! because i know what you what mean i keep picking up s*text deleted*tty injuries and constantley aching all the time!!

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
That is a quality work out mate, i think i might have to copy you if you don't mind. i would like to know the answer to RC's question though, how long have you been training? i.e. how fit are you now?
been doing this routine about 2-3 weeks but ive been training for about a month b4 this! ive always been into football or rugby all my life so i would say i have a decent level of fitness just tryin to build it up!

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
jczopczyc123 - I done that rower/treadmill workout yesterday,is it just me,or is that last couple of running parts killer?!? Good workout
yeh it good int it mate last bits running just make u *text deleted* stop put just keep going and it will be over b4 u know it and u go go chill out in steam room ha!!

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
Yeah thats looking good mate.

Just being nosey, do you still work and do that?

Im not sure whether to give up work and just concentrate on training.

Or is that not a good idea?
no im lucky mate *text deleted* i work with my dad at his office so he just lets me go 2 gym on my dinner hour! i know im a spawny bas*text deleted*rd!! u dont have to tell me ha!