My day....

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Well.....

I was running on a treadmill at the gym, doing well, then i hit something with my hand, thought nothing of it, and then the treadmill started slowing down!!! *text deleted* i'd bloody slapped the 'STOP' button on the treadmill :doh:

Also, when i got back to my locker, i found that the lid on my protein drink had come off and gone all over my trousers and bag, which was lovely to run home in :)

oooo and my cat nearly killed my sisters rabbit but that was more funny than annoying.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Well.....

I was running on a treadmill at the gym, doing well, then i hit something with my hand, thought nothing of it, and then the treadmill started slowing down!!! *text deleted* i'd bloody slapped the 'STOP' button on the treadmill :doh:

Also, when i got back to my locker, i found that the lid on my protein drink had come off and gone all over my trousers and bag, which was lovely to run home in :)

oooo and my cat nearly killed my sisters rabbit but that was more funny than annoying.
I've done this a few times too. The other day I was running hard and fast on the running machine and accidently hit the stop button. It slowed down, so I had to start again. However, some years ago, on a different machine, I was running like mad and the machine stopped. Unfortunately I never and the impact came as a bit of a surprise. Thank god for advances in technology!

Cheers

Steve

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've also done this a few times. I had to stop wearing that emergency stop cord that attaches to your t-shirt as I kept snagging it on my hand and killing the machine.
Very annoying.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've also done this a few times. I had to stop wearing that emergency stop cord that attaches to your t-shirt as I kept snagging it on my hand and killing the machine.
Very annoying.

I never understood the point of that anyway, it would turn the treadmill off if you fell off *text deleted* ? but then it's too late anyway

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me. I was on there for 40 minuted. Came up to the last 13 seconds and I *text deleted**text deleted*ing pressed it by accident! Damn annoying.

Also its harder to stop and start again than it is to keep going for some reason, muscles seem to ache more at least.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
at my pjft they had me waiting for 1hr, so I was just wondering around the gym pissing about with all the equipment, got kicked out the boxing area so I started playing about with treadmill, I set it on around 25 km/h then jumped on the treadmill *text deleted* I nearly flew across the room, I was miles away before i could even hit the red button

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What is it with treadmills?!?! *text deleted* was running on one on Wednesday got to about 8:30 mins at what I thought was a fairly good pace and all of a sudden it started to slow down then stop and I never even hit the stop button! :dontaskme:

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* the treadmill got tired?

WrapJuice

Reaction score
at my pjft they had me waiting for 1hr, so I was just wondering around the gym pissing about with all the equipment, got kicked out the boxing area so I started playing about with treadmill, I set it on around 25 km/h then jumped on the treadmill *text deleted* I nearly flew across the room, I was miles away before i could even hit the red button

you don't know how much i would have love to have seen that! would make a great Mr. Bean sketch *text deleted*!

Sam1

Reaction score
A girl at my old school was messing about with a treadmill, she tripped and smashed her face on the running it and blood went everywhere *text deleted*

couldnt have been more hilarious if she tried!

SR

Reaction score
On one of the treadmills at the gym i go to it always stops when you put it at 15.8kmph. Works fine if you have it on 15.7 and below.

Strange.