my first 1.5

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright lads, i have just started training before xmas and ive just attempted my 1.5miler i done it in 12.01 seconds is that decent for how long i have been training?? i believe i could have gone faster. i was also running at a incline of 2 and i had k-swiss trainers, u know the flat type of ones so they dont help.

also i seem to be getting real BAD runners nipple and my shirt rubs my lat area, is this normal???

cheers lads

-james

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate ! :D Welcome just incase i didtn say hi before now!

As for your run, everyone's *text deleted* start somewhere and thats a good base to work from!
So now you've set the pace you need to sort a couple of things! Firstly running shoes ... ditch the K-Swiss for running in and invest in a proper pair of runners, trust me it'llbe worth it! Seccondly dont be going absolutely mad at your running and flogging yourself to death ... progression is key mate ... every time you do a 1.5miler aim to better your previous time and just take it from there! You'll make better progress that way and are less likely to injury yourself!

Runners nipple is easily sorted ... a bit of vaseline on them before running will do wonders for ya ... though i'd be concerned if you'd nipples on your lats ... surely you mean your pecs :wink: (just messing with ya mate! :*text deleted*: )

Hope that helps mate & crack on ! :D

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A pair oh hi-tech silver shadows are fine for running, They're only about £20 and they're just as good as a £50 pair.