My Fitness Regime

Roy Brown

Reaction score
OK it's only my first week of training but just thought i would ask you your opinions on it and what i should do next:
Running: Monday- 1 mile on footpath around local park
Wednesday- 1 mile on field
Saturday- 1.5 mile on footpath
Sunday- 1 mile on footpath

Nothing special and a few problems. Was originally intended to be Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday running but what with school making me tired i thought it would have been easier to run Saturday and the Sunday run was supposed to be 2-2.5 miles but felt bad pains in my legs and feet so decided to stop at 1 mile in case of injury. All were at a very slow, comfortable pace.

Throughout the week i've been doing various different press-up techniques and marine style am doing 3 sets of 10 reps and sit ups i am doing 2 sets of 15 with a set of 20 in between. All felt pretty comfortable.

So lads do you feel i have made a decent start? Also what should i do the next week and also build up to?

Reaction score
hey mate,
just wanted to know are the 1 milers all you can run or could you manage more if so take it up a notch *text deleted*. also howz *text deleted* pull ups going

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Thanks for the response mate. Haven't started the pull ups yet going to buy one of those bars to fix on the door. I could have done more on the runs Monday, Wednesday and Saturday just thought there would be a risk of injury if i went further. Today i felt really bad pains in my legs could have carried on going but like i said injury is always on my mind. Bear in mind the runs i am doing are about the slowest pace i could run at without walking!

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just carry on going at the rate you are going, Until you can feel your self getting fitter and feel your self wanting to run for longer because the fatigue hasnt kicked in, Keep it a nice steady aproach to things, Then gradully raise the distance/speed

Ya *text deleted* start somewhere and the regime you got there seems a good foundation to work on,

I always find going for a run, planning the route so you end down the local football fields helps me, because theres football goals there so can crack out the pullups straight for the run.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
have the pain checked out as well, because in all honesty it could just be the pain your ment to feel, if you havn't ran that much befor training and your not really heavy or obese then i doubt you will have injury at the start of training. Ifs its a aching or burning pain then keep going that means your muscles are acctually working, but if its a sharp pain or the sort of pain that makes you go "ah sh*t" like burning your hand or somthing *text deleted*, say you feel it on the inside of your calf or outside or even in your knees then check it out.

Leedham

Reaction score
Tip for finding out what the pain is...
go to the gym or go out on your bike, ride around for a while and see if you get the pains then. If you do then its probly just your muscles adjusting to exercise, if you dont then its a problem with your running. If its a problem with your running then just go see a Doc and see what he says to do.

Instead of changing your exercise next week just time yourself and try to beat that time the next time you run. When you become comfy with running that distance and your times are good, increase the distance and do the same agen.

All the best with the training fella!
leedham

Latest posts

New Threads