Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. M1MA77

M1MA77 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi all

I've just passed my phyco metric test and am waiting for my eyes to be tested. This forum has been a great help to me.

I've made a workout plan for my preparation. I work long hours and it difficult to make time to run, so I have to wake up at 4am I also have no rest day:/

I'd be grateful for your advice and criticism

Cheers

Monday
    Barbell front Squats 5 sets 15
    Barbell Deadlifts 5 sets 6 reps
    Leg press (one leg) 3 sets 12 reps
    100 sit-ups

Tuesday 4am
    Morning run 5k

Wednesday
    Pull ups to form failure 5 sets
    Lat pull down 5 reps 5 sets
    Lat pull back 5 reps 5 sets
    Lat curls 5 sets 5 reps
    Rear delt cable exercises

Thursday 4am
    Morning run 5k

Friday
    Hill sprints x20 after every set of 5 do 10 sqauts 10 lunges
    Push ups to form failure 5 sets
    100 sit-ups

Saturday
    Practice 1.5 mile sub 12 minute 1.5 mile sub 10 minutes (when I pass my pjft I will change with the long distance running)

Sunday
    Slow Bike ride 15mile

2. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    There are plenty others who are more qualified than me, but if you're just starting perhaps a couple rest days would do you good? Especially if the 4am start means you don't get much sleep/recovery time. I know its frustrating to have to start slow but I wish I had now, and its not worth the hassle that overtraining creates, and you especially don't want an injury before you've even got to RT.

Also perhaps a few PRMC specific tests, like the gym tests to the beep wouldn't go amiss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Apologies I don't know why it posted twice.

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

@Corona Fixed. :)

A couple of observations:

As referenced by Corona don't neglect the importance of adequate rest. Also, if the PJFT is the next hurdle I'd suggest focusing on treadmill so that you will be confident of exceeding the required standard. It catches many lads out because they underestimate the specifics of treadmill.
    Once it's out of the way you can then focus on preparing for the specific PRMC tests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. M1MA77

M1MA77 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Okay, I'll do that

Many thanks