Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

My Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Proper PT, Aug 31, 2019.

1. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@Ninja_Stoker , it is indeed now a Direct Entry (RI,s is out there) - 2 GCSE 4 or above (English and Maths) and a PTI selection board to be attended , so very similar format to RN Police.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Cheers, I'll look it up.

Funny old thing is my current job isn't working for Captain Naval Recruiting (CNR), it's working under the Naval Regional Commander (NRC)...but line one of my Terms of Reference...Recruitment. And yet, I'm not on the Recruiting Instruction dist list.

Screenshot_20190901_200107.jpg

Or what the AFCO call "a bloody nuisance" :D

3. Proper PT

Proper PT New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Indeed haha. Why would you go RAF anyway? I mean. If I wouldn't go RN or RM I would go R Sigs get my Army Commando and think am cool.

4. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No comment.

5. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

The Royal Marines have a very big signals branch and Royal Signals do not, as a general rule, have access to the AACC. It is predominately the domain of RA and RE.

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. Cheezy hammy eggy

Cheezy hammy eggy Active Member

In the matelot world, PTI’s are addressed as “ Clubz” a derivative of club swinger, a display performed with a pair of wooden clubs which were swung in time to certain sea shanties.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

It's almost compulsory to step on the crab but one of the finest, most professionally military blokes I ever met was a Rock Ape who left that service, re-enlisted in the Parachute Regiment and died near Tullydonnell, Armagh, NI in December 1979.
    Perhaps sometimes it's better to judge the merits of the individual rather than the institution.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 4