Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

My Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Mj9863, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Mj9863

Mj9863 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi everyone this is my Introduction post,

Ive got my prmc on 17th September and have been reading this page a lot for info on PT and prmc experiences, so thought it makes sense to be a member.

Thanks

Matt

• Like Like x 3
  2. Flubberdog

Flubberdog Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Welcome and the very best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flubberdog

Flubberdog Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and lots of encouragement too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mj9863

Mj9863 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers Flubberdog, I'm just in the final weeks of prep for PRMC, not sure whether to turn my training up to 11 to try for better numbers, or just maintain consistency with my current regime and avoid injury

5. Flubberdog

Flubberdog Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    That question is above my pay grade as a parent to a RM YO , but I am sure someone will be on soon with some helpful advice!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Assuming that you've already invested training hours over several months it makes sense to taper off training during the final week before PRMC so that you arrive fresh and without the niggles which are associated with constant training. Just my opinion though. Hopefully others will chip in with their own comments.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cheezy hammy eggy

Cheezy hammy eggy Active Member

Best of luck shippers,
    My son concentrated on maxing the press ups, sit ups and pull ups, keep up the CV by doing bleep tests.
    These are all given performance marks which are combined to give an overall grading of A, B or C on completion of the course.
    There is also the mini endurance course which will test your mental stamina under adversity.
    I’ll get more info off my son when he rings tonight and post it on here for you.
    Good luck bud.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mj9863

Mj9863 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for the replies, that helps. Yes i have been doing serious training over the last few months since my pjft. My afco reccomended 3 runs a week, 2 swims, and 4 circuits of press ups sit ups and pull ups- advice which i have followed. So based on the above ill continue with this plus some shuttle run practice and in the lead up week taper off so I'm fresh for the week.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flubberdog

Flubberdog Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    One thing I would add is that on this forum there are a large number of PRMC diaries, which will give you a good idea of what you are going to have to do at CTC. It seems quite varied, so don't forget the knowledge and mental stuff as well as the physical! Good luck and let us know how you get along! ;)

• Like Like x 1