Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

My Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by FLAMER283, Feb 23, 2020.

1. FLAMER283

FLAMER283 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi, I'm interested in joining the Royal Marines but I have a lot of questions that I need answers to and the normal email support channels aren't replying to any of my emails, I hope that my questions can be answered here.

1. What is the entry weight for Men And Women?
    2. Entry BMI for Men And Women?
    3. On the assessment day, Is there anything I should bring with me like paperwork?
    4. What will happen forward after passing the assessment test?
    5. Do I need to do a medical and police clearance before the assessment?
    6. How long the application process takes? After passing the assessment test.

Kind Regards

2. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Royal Marines Commando

Minimum weight for males is 65kgs. No minimum weight for females.

BMI is to be between 23 and 28 I think but I’m not sure.

your AFCO will tell you if you need to bring anything in the day.

after the recruitment test you will then go for an interview followed by the medical and PJFT. So no you don’t need a medical before you go in. And no you don’t need a police check or anything unless you have a criminal conviction.

Time varies from AFCO to AFCO, and it depends on how your medical goes, a lot get delayed or straight out fail.

For future reference the search function on this site will give you most answers, as most questions will have been asked before.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FLAMER283

FLAMER283 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thank you for the fast reply

Does all of this still apply if you're applying as Commonwealth from South Africa?

4. Grey man

Grey man Royal Marines Commando

Yes

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. If you PM myself or one of the other moderators with your choice of a new forum user name we'll change it for you.

Forum user names which appear to be actual names are not permitted on the forum because of reasons of Personal Security (PERSEC).

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. Claddagh

Claddagh Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent

Have a look under the Overseas Section-there is a lot of info there regarding Commonwealth (and SA in particular) applicants. I believe that if you are only applying now, you could have quite a long wait.

Good Luck!