My joining my process.

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aup guys, I have not been on the forum for about 3 weeks now and its because i have had a think if this is what i really want to do purely because of how long it is taken me to do the joining process i started my application process last year round about january/february and i failed my medical on august 15th then i re-took it on april the 3rd the other week and failed again as it annoyed me the first time and this time well you can probably guess i was depressed. It made me think and i said no im not going back and over the last few weeks i have realised this is what i want to do there is nothing else, so im going to go back and take my medical again for a third time in a few months. I turned 17 on march 26th so ive still got plenty of time to do it and i realise i if don't carry it through i will regret it for the rest of my life. Good things come to those who wait, i've just got to really think like that.
Edd

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Stick in there. I know exactly how you feel, I failed my first interview because I wasn't mentally mature enough(6 Month Delay), I failed my first medical because he couldn't see my right ear drum(4 Month Delay), I failed my first PJFT due to resting for 6 weeks becaue of injury(2 Month Delay). If you look at it like this, I could be passing out next month, but there's nothing I want more than to join the Royal Marines. I don't care how bad it looks on my record that I've failed before, all I can do is prove them wrong. I guess before I was immature and had the original 'that looks easy, despite being the hardest military training a civvie can go straight into', I've learnt from my mistakes and really put the last 5 months into training 5 days a week to do this!

So don't give up, the fact you keep coming back should show them that you really want it. It worked for me, I'm at PRMC soon and nothing has felt this good since I first spoke to the guy in the AFCO where he piled me up with loads of info about the RN and RM!

Stick at it!

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I failed first time because of some spots on my back and chest, the second time just some on my chest but if i had gone for anything else of would of passed, but in a way it has made me realise this is what i want.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It possibly is also related to what medication you are on/were on, as well as the condition.

A rough rule of thumb with regard ANY medical conditions is that you have to be free from medication, free from any outpatients/physiotherapy for a set period & the condition itself cannot threaten to impair your ability to complete commando training or make you unfairly dependent on additional assistance whilst on operational deployment.

Many of us (me too!) had to battle our way through the seemingly bureaucratic red-tape of medical standards as well as other barriers to gain entry into military service - don't give up!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us (me too!) had to battle our way through the seemingly bureaucratic red-tape of medical standards as well as other barriers to gain entry into military service - don't give up!

Must be tough having 3 nipples

RC

Reaction score
Sorry to here that mate ..... good luck with your next medical !

A couple of things that may help reduce your acne (although you are probably already aware).

Try and get out in the sun where possible (obviously without over doing it). With summer on it's way this shouldn't be a problem.

Stress is known to exacerbate the problem. It may be worth looking into some relaxation strategies ?

I used to have bad acne .... it's a real pain in the arse, but hopefully it should clear in time.

Rich.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was told peeing on a tissue and rubbing it on the spots.. That could have been for zits.. and I actually saw it on a film.. but is it true?

roguesniper

Reaction score
well try it out and let us know *text deleted*. but ill stick to spot cream

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I was told peeing on a tissue and rubbing it on the spots.. That could have been for zits.. and I actually saw it on a film.. but is it true?

Absolutely, you can skip the tissue & just stand on your head whilst having a pee.

It won't make a scrap of difference medically, but it's first class entertainment in a restaurant or at the in-laws.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mmm interesting !

i have quite bad acne on my back, the doc at my medical said it shouldnt be a problem, but may be irritating for carrying burgens etc...nothing to fail my medical on..

dyou think it could be a problem when u get down to lympstone and have *text deleted* medical there?

dam well hope not !

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
She said it had something to do with if you have acne on your back or anything if your get cut on dartmoor your more prone to blood infection or something but she said there is a very slim chance of me getting anything. Why can't i sign something, to say that i will die quietly if i do. If you do try peeing on your face, please can you video it please for medical purposes. Might try hitting the sum beds once a week and paying a visits to my GP see what he has to say, I do think the sun helps something unreal, and water.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ye me 2 i suffer from ackne but it dosnt seem to bad i take some pills and cream for it and they have gone down u can see like red marks were they were but it would not hurt if i wore a burgandy or any thing heavy

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you do try peeing on your face, please can you video it please for medical purposes.

Who said anything about peeing on my face? Uh oh.. I think Edd has a fetish for peeing.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ashley can i ask what they ment by mentaly imature? did u do somthing.say somthing stupid or was it jsut because u was young?

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ashley can i ask what they ment by mentaly imature? did u do somthing.say somthing stupid or was it jsut because u was young?

Basically he didn't think I could cope with the mental effects of staying away from home and getting thrashed day in day out. However on the other hand, although I respect his decision, it was a wrong one because I'm probably one of the few people that's ever spent time away from my family, it was only 5 weeks but it was 5 weeks more than most people!

But despite him delaying my application 6 months he's still awesome and funny but may need to learn to judge people a little bit more accurate.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hehe kk well hopefully they dont make the decision about me because they would be totaly wrong *text deleted* although i live my my parents and hardly have convasations with each other it jsut seems Awkward.. but hopfully they dont come to the same decission because i am only 16