My Knees #2

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by borneboy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    First knee thread: http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/my-knees.96655/

I am quite concerned that I have a few things wrong with my knees... if I go to the doctor and get it checked will it go on my medical record? if it is on my record will that effect my attempt at the Royal Marines? I am getting quite worried....

Thank you

2. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

Is there a reason why you couldn't post this in the original thread? ;) haha
    I would say that if you're really that worried about it then get it checked out. You want longevity in healthy joints especially when joining the royal marines but also just for well being. If it's really worrying you now and it's seemingly not getting any better/getting worse then not getting it checked so that it doesn't get flagged on a medical is a bad idea because when you get to PRMC or RT it's going to get even worse, cause you problems and you're going to be injured (with the possibility of being medically discharged from training, which might mean you're unable to apply to any of armed forces in the future).
    Also from the other thread:

3. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    When I spoke to the AFCO he stated the only outright bar to entry knee wise was an anterior cruciate ligament repair, although if there is evidence of any chronically persistent lower leg injury then this may also cause issues in the medical. If you manage to get your knee fixed before you join (and to do this it's best to visit a private physio for investigation and most importantly diagnosis as gp's are great but are not sports injury specific trained and would only refer you to anther physio) and your issue does not show any long term consequences (you can train regularly) , you'd should be fine :) please don't push yourself through the application process with an injury, you could injure yourself further and anyway it's best to feel 100 percent before going into a career that is something I anticipate is physically demanding and stressful, and please get yourself checked out :) (your knee pain could be something simple that requires some specific exercises a good sports physio can provide, like patella femoral pain or chondramalacial patella ( I can't spell haha :) ) I hope you feel better soon :)

4. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Really appreciate that post mate!

• Like Like x 1
  5. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That's ok, I hope you manage to get everything sorted :)

6. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

• Like Like x 1