My Knees

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by borneboy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Left Knee: About 4 years ago I tore a ligament in MMA and it has never been the same and sometimes has pain after alot of exercise eg squats.

Right Knee: When I do squats there is a pain in the middle of the knee

I dont want to get it checked and then it be on my medical form incase if affects my eligibility but I dont want it to get worst. Currently laying in bed with knee wraps on hoping it will be okay in few days

What do you guys think?

2. smackabear

smackabear Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    wait untill you've healed and wait 3 month before applying make sure its sorted

Maybe go to physiotherapy? It can be £40 a session, but you don't have to go For multiple sessions, maybe a few and he can explain whats wrong and how to fix it. Also what ever happens they won't put that on your medical notes.

This might help as well. My friend tore a muscle in his lower back and tried everything to heal it, physio, strechintng, tablets, even spirtual healing hahaha. Anyway nothing seemed to work and it was like it For a year.

What seemed to fix it was mobility work, working the body the way it should work. The reason why your knee might be in pain is because something has happened and because of poor mobility it can't heal itself or isnt moving the way it should

• Like Like x 1
  3. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Appreciate the reply bro will definitely look into knee mobility.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nathan100101

Nathan100101 Member

Pain in the middle of the knee when doing squats sounds a lot like pattellar tendonitis. I tried everything from rest to physio but I found stretching the quads, hamstrings and IT band to work wonders.

However if it's a new thing then get some rest and see how it goes.

Does it feel funny when you lock out your knee?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DBenn01

DBenn01 Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If you manage to get in just be forewarned that it might come back to haunt you, even if its healed and cleared up.

6. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thats what I am afraid of

7. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I wouldnt say feels funny and yes I think pattellar tendonitis is the cause.

8. smackabear

smackabear Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    One of the best ways to test pattellar tendinitis is walking down the stairs, if you feel pain around the knee cap walking downstairs you might have runners knee.

I started to get it last summer, fixed by buying a new pair of shoes and runners shoes. Old haggered running shoes can cause it and also having running shoes with a different pronation to what you run at

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  9. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    No pain walking down stairs but after alot of exercise there is a small amount of pain when walking up on my right knee

10. tom23.pt

tom23.pt New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I had that in my knees last year. I found that cycling and stretching definitely helped heal it.

11. borneboy

borneboy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Stretching what muscles may I ask?

12. tom23.pt

tom23.pt New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Basically all the muscles in the lower half of my body. I was doing a wide range of stretches to help to increase my overall flexibility and mobility to aid with kicks.

13. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Pain in the middle of the knee sounds like it could be patellafemoral pain, as advised above please go to book a private physio. I hope you get well soon :)