My new training regime

chrystal19

Reaction score
I am changing my routine from a weightlifting and running programme to a programme more designed to get me through my prmc. This is what I thought.

Monday/Wed/Fri

20 minutes HIIT (emulates bleep test) immediatly followed by 100 press ups in as few sets as possible. Followed by 150 sit ups, 30 pull ups, 50 dips.

Tue/Thu/Sat

6-8 mile runs and 100 press ups (in as few sets aspos) and 150 sit ups (in as few sets aspos)

Sun

3 mile run PRMC style and 100 press ups (in as few sets aspos) and 150 sit ups (in as few sets aspos).

I will also do 3 swimming sessions a week.

Any ammendments necessary?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
sounds good though i'd include a rest day or two. and make sure the press ups/pull ups etc are done to the same spec as required at PRMC

chrystal19

Reaction score
Thanks. Should my running days be immediatly followed by the press ups and sit ups or is doing the running in the morning and the press ups and night ok?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i'm not sure *text deleted*. i usually do anaerobic in the AM as testosterone levels are higher and apparently you get more gain from them. then aerobic in the eve. you could do bodyweight sets AM and PM if you're taking at least two rest days. there's a thread here not sure how active it is but you might try PMing the chap that started it.

chrystal19

Reaction score
Thanks ill have a read over. I meant more for intensity though. All at once but poorer performance, or seperate and more energy to concentrate on both exercises?

Also could you confirm for me whether the PMRC 3 miler is run in boots or not?

Thanks

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
personally when i get back from my run i like to do a quick bodyweight work workout to try and get me used to im whilst knackered.
PRMC run's done in trainers as i hear (i've yet to do mine).

Ipodbob

Reaction score
yup trainers and c95 (dpms) trousers for the 3 miler. prmc on Tuesday uuhh ohh.

I would include hill sprints for 30 mins 1-2 times a week instead of the bleep test runs you do.

I also mix up my workouts as your body can adapt to doing the same excercise, i found i get better results if say i do a 4 mile run one day, then do sprints the other. Also with weights, so one day do your press ups in i dunno 4x25 sets then do sits ect ect. So on the next day turn them into a circuit with more reps so 35 press ups, 50 sit ups, 6 chin ups, ect ,ect. then repeat 3-4 times.

One more thing try waking up and doing a quick set of 3x20 press ups 3x30 sit ups 3x6 chin ups and before you go to bed also. Helped me a lot.

Good luck with training.